Is there a MAC Address physically on the Xbox One itself or the box it comes in?

#1KinjiMuto_3Posted 11/22/2013 8:31:48 AM
80/80

Don't personally have a Xbox One
I'm asking this for work related reasons (work for an ISP)
is there one located on the system or the box it comes in?

Any info aside from "check the system settings, blah blah blah" would be greatly appreciated
---
Not Changing till John Morrison wins a World Championship - Started 12/23/08
#2KinjiMuto_3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 8:44:27 AM
anyone?
---
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 11/22/2013 8:45:46 AM
I tried a Google search bu nothing came up. Try checking the manual.
---
My Saints Row IV Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/649270-saints-row-iv/reviews/review-155468
#4darkshadowmasterPosted 11/22/2013 8:47:12 AM
Probably not. You will more than likely need to get it from the network settings via the network section of the UI.
---
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
#5KinjiMuto_3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 9:03:20 AM
We are trying to determine this because the ISP I work for, we have account systems.... and for a person's device to be connected to the internet, we have to add the MAC address... but with the Xbox One's we obviously can't get the MAC address unless they are online....so it's a double edged sword.

No one knows if it's in the manual, box itself, the console, etc?
We've had residents we work with look on the Box and Console but couldnt find anything. (Then again, they could be dumb)
---
#6biggnickPosted 11/22/2013 9:04:45 AM
There isn't a "system settings" where you can check the MAC address? It's unique to each NIC so you shouldn't have to be connected to get it, unless MS overlooked that somehow.
---
Every man dies, but not every man truly lives...
#7KinjiMuto_3(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 9:15:50 AM
biggnick posted...
There isn't a "system settings" where you can check the MAC address? It's unique to each NIC so you shouldn't have to be connected to get it, unless MS overlooked that somehow.

from a guy I was speaking with, The Xbox One goes through a system setup, which demands internet connection, before getting to the system menu
---
#8reaper329Posted 11/22/2013 10:06:00 AM
Hey buddy. I'm in the same position you are, as my college will not allow any connection without submission of the MAC address. Thankfully, there is a rather easy way through it.

Boot up the system and allow it to run the startup protocol. When it fails, the One will prompt you to continue or fix it. Select fix it.

It will diagnose your issue, and take you to a screen prompting you to manually set up the connection. There listed is the MAC, both wired and wireless.

Hope this helps!
---
Emergency. Induction. Port. - Tali
FC: 2208 4654 8189