Wait, do I have to be online in order to install games off a disc?

#1HelloImNewHerePosted 11/22/2013 10:07:31 AM
Can anyone who knows for certain confirm or deny this? Because I only pre-ordered the Xbox One after they removed the used game restrictions and needing to sign in periodically. Because that would be a significant use of DRM for me, making me to not want the console and I could send it back before opening it.
#2HelloImNewHere(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 10:24:07 AM
Can someone at least tell me whether or not I have to be connected to both the internet and Xbox Live or if being just connected to the internet is enough?
#3HelloImNewHere(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 11:04:01 AM
Anyone with any knowledge on this?
#4Kovifan27Posted 11/22/2013 11:05:41 AM
As of now no one has video proof of this.

Some say it downloads the game patch first thus the need for internet. Others have said they are over 10% installed and it stops if you are not connected to the internet.
#5PowerOfTheCloudPosted 11/22/2013 11:08:04 AM
It wouldn't be hard to prove/disprove. But no one has stepped up to the plate yet with undeniable evidence. Only one person for sure has said they deleted their installs and got offline and it asked him to connect to the internet. But no pics of proof.
---
xbone = myspace
ps4 = facebook
#6vidalmorazaPosted 11/22/2013 11:09:00 AM
I really hope this is only in the launch games, most games are broken, they all need patches and stuff, so it would make sense that some patches are mandatory to been able to play the games, that is why you need online to install...

If not, well, is clear sign that there is DRM
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#7khardboredPosted 11/22/2013 11:09:46 AM
It's an odd issue and I have experienced it. What I did was this: I didn't feel like waiting for massive patch downloads so I disconnected my console from my router, completely shut off (not standby) my xbox, waited about 20 seconds, turned it back on and fired up the game. It installed, didn't complain of a patch and I was playing.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#8Kovifan27Posted 11/22/2013 11:18:01 AM
khardbored posted...
It's an odd issue and I have experienced it. What I did was this: I didn't feel like waiting for massive patch downloads so I disconnected my console from my router, completely shut off (not standby) my xbox, waited about 20 seconds, turned it back on and fired up the game. It installed, didn't complain of a patch and I was playing.

Do you have any games you haven't installed that you could show us?
#9HelloImNewHere(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 11:23:34 AM
khardbored posted...

I sincerely hope that is the case. Unfortunately due to a combination of the uselessness of Amazon UK and a courier service known as City Link, I will not be receiving my Xbox One until Monday at the earliest so that I am able to test it for myself.