How to change Xbox One REAL NAME!

#1IzK_I_EL1T3_xPosted 11/22/2013 11:16:32 AM
Ok so I have just set up my new Xbox One (with linked windows live ID) however, it is not my official email (my mums). Long story short I'm male and whenever I sign into Xbox One it says Hello, Sarah... -_- I would just like to know if there is anyway of changing the name linked to your windows live ID without changing it. Thanks :)
#2ace_two_maxPosted 11/22/2013 11:21:06 AM
Nope, you're stuck as Sarah

Give them a call and ask them if they can change it.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#3RollnThunder213Posted 11/22/2013 11:23:13 AM
Go make your own Windows Live email and account and switch that to the account linked to your gamertag.

I doubt there's a way within the system itself to just change the name.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#4Omnivorous_onePosted 11/22/2013 11:28:46 AM
I am not sure if all the Windows Live ID mail programs are set up the same but I believe they are. If you log onto Hotmail or Outlook.com with your Windows Live ID you just click on the name on the upper right corner "Sarah Something" and scroll down a couple choices and select Account Settings. It might ask for your password again. In the Account Summary click on Edit Display Name or on the left side under Overview select Edit Name. Then just change the name to whatever you want.
#5MurryEB_Alt1Posted 11/23/2013 10:42:25 AM
account.live.com

Edit Display Name

Worked for me
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#6demented_shadowPosted 11/24/2013 9:05:10 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]