When the Xbone is off/onstandy and you say "Xbox on" does it seem like you have

#1thefinalzapkeetPosted 11/22/2013 9:38:40 PM
to be louder than usual? it's odd. the voice commands are pretty good, it's just that I almost have to yell "Xbox On" in order for it to wake up and start to actually power the console. not a top of my lungs yell, but I have to be significantly louder
---
Go the Distance is the most inspirational song ever
those that agree: 47
#2DeadlyKruegerPosted 11/22/2013 9:39:40 PM
I whisper and mine still works perfect. Just enunciate!
#3werkz_destroyzPosted 11/22/2013 9:40:33 PM
Reconfigure your kinect..mine is working fine.i say it in normal tone.
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#4BrownGottiPosted 11/22/2013 9:41:04 PM
You have to get really really close to kinect to turn it on.
#5thefinalzapkeet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 9:43:26 PM
that's weird, any idea why there would be issues? I guess i can try reconfiguring, but everything works fine when it's on

granted, I'm like 7 feet back from the console when i use it, so that could cause some issues, but i still think it's odd it can detect me perfectly while on
---
#6thefinalzapkeet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 10:12:16 PM
bump
---
#7wskingwsPosted 11/22/2013 10:18:22 PM
I can't even get my voice commands/ gestures to work. I don't know why.
---
I am the voice of reason.
#8TGhostPosted 11/23/2013 12:03:21 AM
I'm having problem with the Xbox on command as well. Once Xbox is on, I have zero trouble with voice commands. Only trouble is with "Xbox on".

Distance is not the issue as I already managed to make the command work from either tried from 1ft away and 12ft away from Kinect.

Annoying is that I have to repeat the command multiple times to make it work and it kind of beat the purpose of using a voice command instead of a controller to turn on the machine.

It would be great if MS could give us some tips on what the heck is going on with this particular command.
#9thefinalzapkeet(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 8:00:16 AM
TGhost posted...
I'm having problem with the Xbox on command as well. Once Xbox is on, I have zero trouble with voice commands. Only trouble is with "Xbox on".

Distance is not the issue as I already managed to make the command work from either tried from 1ft away and 12ft away from Kinect.

Annoying is that I have to repeat the command multiple times to make it work and it kind of beat the purpose of using a voice command instead of a controller to turn on the machine.

It would be great if MS could give us some tips on what the heck is going on with this particular command.

glad to know that I'm not the only one. I mean, i guess it could make sense that saying "Xbox on" has to be louder and really enunciated since it would get annoying if it could be turned on so easily. *have friends over at my house* "hey guys, oh yeah, I got the Xbox on November 22nd, it's pretty cool" *xbox turns on*
---
#10LuckysCharm777Posted 11/23/2013 8:05:40 AM
I can whisper to mine, go into your settings and reconfigure.