My xbox one shut itself off, won't turn on again

#11kuhne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2013 11:03:54 PM
Going to go to tithe store tomorrow, just called ms they told me they take up to 3 weeks t send it back to me....plus my forza disc is now stuck inside the console

Yay.....should have expected this, went through 3 xbox 360 from 2005 to 2013 and from 2009 to 2013 I only used it for mass effect fearing it would die again, played most of my games on ps3
#12kuhne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 2:30:09 PM
Just to update anybody who cares, I took the console back to the store, I called first and asked them if they had any remaining consoles cos I needed a new one, they told me they had one left, so I drove there quick and took my xbox, they had another broken Xbox laying there apparently from a disc drive related issue, so they used the power supply from that one to try to power mine and it still failed, so it wasn't the power supply, they did manage to get my forza disc out of my console though, apparently once you connect it, it does have some power for a few seconds, enough to eject it but then it dies completely.

Anyway, they gave me a new one, apparently they only had that one and they didn't want to give it t me because they wanted to sell it, after all they get commission in they store per sale but I insisted and I have a new xbox one. I just hooked it up and I'm doing the updates. Hopefully this one works because if it doesn't I won't be so lucky next time getting a new one right away.
#13masteryashaPosted 11/23/2013 2:39:50 PM
Glad you got another one so quickly. Most people aren't nearly that lucky. You should probably do some scouting as to all the common reasons that an XBone dies, though. At least you'd know what to keep an eye out for, then.
#14khardboredPosted 11/23/2013 3:15:37 PM
I'm glad it's working out for you without a major hassle.

Microsoft is all over customer service this time and doing a very, very good job.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#15Kenshiroz86Posted 11/23/2013 3:53:57 PM
Same problem here in Italy... I turned off my xbox with FM5 in background and it doesn't want to power up again and power supply is orange forever, so I take a new one at the store where I bought it today and hope this time works !!!!!!!

I think that when u install a game and has got an app in background, if u turn off the console it brik !!!
But it's only my teories about what happened to me today, so I'm not sure about it, but it seems that I was right ! What do u think about it ? (Same as smartphone about background application I think but I had a Samsung Galaxy S and now a Samsung Galasy S 3 and never had any problems...)
#16kuhne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:14:12 PM
I think if what you say is actually the case then a lot of people would be having problems but you might be right. In my case I was actually adjusting the tv contrast etc in th settings menu of the xbox then it turned itself off and never turned on again.

The one I got today has been running all day, I left The house and left forza running, seems to be working fine so far.

So you got a new one as well?
#17steveboblarryPosted 11/23/2013 6:15:15 PM
WHERE IS YOUR NOW FANBOYS, WHERE IS STEVE BALLMER!!!!!
---
Official TimePharaoh Fanboy #1
Put this in your sig if you are a TimePharaoh fanboy
#18TheScionofManPosted 11/23/2013 6:17:52 PM
kuhne posted...
Just to update anybody who cares, I took the console back to the store, I called first and asked them if they had any remaining consoles cos I needed a new one, they told me they had one left, so I drove there quick and took my xbox, they had another broken Xbox laying there apparently from a disc drive related issue, so they used the power supply from that one to try to power mine and it still failed, so it wasn't the power supply, they did manage to get my forza disc out of my console though, apparently once you connect it, it does have some power for a few seconds, enough to eject it but then it dies completely.

Anyway, they gave me a new one, apparently they only had that one and they didn't want to give it t me because they wanted to sell it, after all they get commission in they store per sale but I insisted and I have a new xbox one. I just hooked it up and I'm doing the updates. Hopefully this one works because if it doesn't I won't be so lucky next time getting a new one right away.

Lol cause you weren't smart enough to get the disk out yourself. Nice try troll
#19TheSL1ClubPosted 11/23/2013 6:27:14 PM(edited)
TheScionofMan posted...
kuhne posted...

Lol cause you weren't smart enough to get the disk out yourself. Nice try troll

And you just made a topic about your controller, don't you know how it works? Seriously do you call every misery xbone owner with a broken xbone a troll? WTF is wrong with you? When you had a problem it's legit, but if it's someone else it's trolling....
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#20kuhne(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:49:40 PM(edited)
No, the disc wasn't coming out when I tried at home, it was until several tries at the store with a different power supply that the xbox seemed to power on just enough for the disc to come out but after that the power supply light went orange again and the box never turned on.

But you are right though, no xbox has ever had hardware problems in the past, everybody must be making it up.

My god, what's up with the fanboys?