The REAL "inferior graphics issue"

#1nickr2d2Posted 11/23/2013 6:44:08 AM
Remember, last gen Sony had the hardware edge. But it didn't translate into better graphics.

MS (this time around) put out it's hardware to the developers VERY LATE, resulting in games that are slightly less polished.

I would imagine, that, as time goes on, the consoles will come to be even in terms of graphical power.

Thoughs?
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#2AarksharkPosted 11/23/2013 6:46:45 AM
Last gen PS3 had hardware that was awkward to program for.

This gen, the Xbone has hardware that is awkward to program for.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#3PsychoSkidMarkPosted 11/23/2013 6:47:08 AM
Well, on paper, the PS4 is better, like last gen. But it's about how it is applied that matters, which is impossible to tell this early into the life cycle.
---
"God I hate shoppers"- Gamestop store manager
*Death Rays N00b Legends*
#4MORTARlONPosted 11/23/2013 6:49:35 AM
PS3 had strong hardware that was hard to develop for, 360 had moderate hardware that was easy to develop for, consoles ended up even.

Now PS4 has stronger hardware that's easier to develop for. And is cheaper.
---
Indeed
#5tzuydPosted 11/23/2013 6:50:12 AM
nickr2d2 posted...
Remember, last gen Sony had the hardware edge. But it didn't translate into better graphics.

The PS3 had problems with developers unwilling or unable to put in the effort to code for the system effectively. PS3 exclusives outshone 360 exclusives practically universally.

Meanwhile, the PS4 is the easier of the two systems to code for, meaning developers will be able to maximise its potential even quicker than last gen and ports will only be limited by what the One can produce. Although as we can see, developers are choosing not to limit their PS4 ports.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#6nickr2d2(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:51:12 AM
tzuyd posted...
nickr2d2 posted...

PS3 exclusives outshone 360 exclusives practically universally.

I didn't even need to read the rest of your post. Move on.
---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#7tzuydPosted 11/23/2013 6:55:22 AM
Lol, if you want to post a troll topic at least try to keep up the charade for more than one post.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#8sworderPosted 11/23/2013 6:56:50 AM
PS3 had the better CPU but 360 had the better GPU
#9Foxx3kPosted 11/23/2013 6:57:31 AM
Aarkshark posted...
Last gen PS3 had hardware that was awkward to program for.

This gen, the Xbone has hardware that is awkward to program for.

Except that it's almost identical to the Xbox 360.

The 360 had EDRAM. The Xbox One has ESRAM. The sizes and bandwidths are different. It's "difficult" in comparison to the PS4, maybe, but not, let's say, intrinsically difficult. Especially since most developers have a ton of experience with the 360's EDRAM.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]