I own both a PS4 and Xbox One, and honestly the Xbox One is very disappointing

#1Dark World RulerPosted 11/23/2013 8:19:41 AM
I went a week of playing PS4, being pretty much amazed by it in every area with it's 1080p exclusives, speed, ease of use, and just the massive improvement the DualShock 4 is. I was still very excited about the Xbox One, and even was sure it'd be an equal to the PS4..... but I was unfortunately wrong.

When I opened my Day One Xbox One, I was very impressed by the appearance of everything. While it is full of hardware blocks (the console, the Kinect sensor, the power brick) it still had the feel of being a "premium" because of it's packaging. That's just the way it was dressed up though and looking at it in my setup, well it looked as archaic as ever right beside my PS4 and Wii U.

Now, starting up the console after the update was really pleasant because I liked the interface a lot. While the PS4 sticks to the three S's with it's interface being simple, sleek, and sophisticated I found the Xbox One's more playful design appealing. It was fun with the color choices but navigating through it made me see it was a bit jumbled and rather unorganized. MS tries way too hard to throw as many little squares and ads per page and it just is a pain to get use to compared to the PS4 which is very user friendly in every regard.

My real disappointment though came from Dead Rising 3 and playing games on the Xbox One. The install process was *painfully* slow and made the PS4 install process for games seem like nothing at all. Waiting for DR3 to hit 50% install just to start it up was a pain and made the console just seem not efficient. Then when I finally got into the game, the visuals to say the least were just underwhelming.

When I popped in Killzone: Shadow Fall on my PS4, it blew my mind with the crystal clarity of 1080p gaming. It even ran higher than 30fps at many times throughout the levels I played and just played fantastically. DR3 being 720p was noticeable right off the bat and made it feel "almost-kinda next gen", especially with it's framerate chugs. I was impressed by the amount of zombies on screen, but playing through DR1 a few days ago, it didn't feel much different than plowing through the large amount of zombies in that game even since it is pretty much more of the same.

Now regarding the XO's controller, it feels like a step forward and a step back at the same time. I really like the shape of it, it's a bit better than the 360's, but the perfect controller shape to me has been the spacious DualShock 4 has that feels not only large but finely shaped for my hands. The more compact Xbox One's controller feels nice, but just not as good as the DS4. Especially comparing the sticks and triggers of the two new controllers, the DS4 nailed them perfectly while I liked the 360 controllers's tighter triggers and more comfortable sticks (the Xbox One's thumbsticks have a weird indent and feel strangely stiff using them).

As for Kinect I have little to say, seriously. I thought it was cool saying "Xbox on!" a few times and redeeming my codes with the sensor but the novelty has worn off and I don't pay much attention to it really. For gaming though, it in plain words sucked. I couldn't even get passed the first portion because I had to make a Kinect "grapple motion attack" when zombies would cling to me and it worked maybe 1 out of 5 times so I turned it off. Kinect may have it's neat gimmicks with the improved voice commands but as far as gaming goes it's still detracting and problematic.

My final thoughts is this: Sony made the better gaming console this gen, more powerful and topnotch for gaming. MS sadly wanted the Xbox One to be more about "other media stuff" and it's capabilities as a gaming console clearly suffered for it. If you have to choose either or, get a PS4 since it is just the better console and only $400. The Xbox One for everything it does not up to expected standards is just not worth $500
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2nickr2d2Posted 11/23/2013 8:23:52 AM
Good for you.

God posted...
Whatever, dude

---
"In my country, Battlefield hacks you" -Battlefield Friends
#3Sevi_neyPosted 11/23/2013 8:24:47 AM
Cool Story
---
You will see us everywhere, even in your nightmares...
http://i.imgur.com/Y97KtJD.jpg
#4abdouPosted 11/23/2013 8:24:54 AM
My final thoughts is this: Sony made the better gaming console this gen, more powerful and topnotch for gaming. MS sadly wanted the Xbox One to be more about "other media stuff" and it's capabilities as a gaming console clearly suffered for it.

So true
---
#5Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 8:26:21 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
Cool Story

PSN: Seeing_Red_Again
Gamertag: Dreams are Bad

Check out my Trophies and Achievements that show how I have both if you dont believe me
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#6Jands_STORMPosted 11/23/2013 8:28:30 AM
Nice review, friend.

I'm not being ironic, either, I hope your experience is enjoyable in the next-gen, whatever the console
---
Brasileiro com Orgulho!!
#7Aone1987Posted 11/23/2013 8:29:56 AM
BEST GAEMfaqs Post honestly +1 on the read.
#8GnarKillsPosted 11/23/2013 8:30:18 AM
We all have our own opinions and while I disagree with the DS4 being better than the X1 controller...you can't say any console has won when they haven't even been on the market for such a little amount of time.
---
GT - GnarKills Currently Playing - GTA5, Madden 25(360), CoD Ghosts(360), Ryse, Dead Rising 3, NBA 2K14(X1), Battlefield 4(X1)
#9MaverickneoPosted 11/23/2013 8:31:05 AM
I completely disagree.

1. The Xbox ones headset > PS4s mono head set
2. Xbox controller > PS4s controller
3. The sleekness, style and weight of the xbox design > PS4
4. Xbox one Launch titles > PS4

I own an xbox one and have tested all the elements of the ps4. Thats my opinion.

I did not like the flimsyness of the PS4 triggers or the weight. the Dpad also feels the same and I did not like that on the PS3 either.
I feel like they fixed the xbox controller in every way, yes even the D pad.
#10JusticeSwordPosted 11/23/2013 8:32:22 AM
Kudos TC, a concise & honest review.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please