I own both a PS4 and Xbox One, and honestly the Xbox One is very disappointing

#161DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/24/2013 8:58:36 PM
BF4 difference is there but its not really that significant.

TC put way too much effort into this troll topic. How is the PS4 suppose to be based on fun? Because Killzone is shiny? Killzone also scored terribly and worse than DR3, with ONLY its graphics being its saving grace. Basically, Sony cares about graphics over gameplay. Dead Rising 3 got a considerably better score and the only issue really is because its too ambitious for where they are at right now.

Killzone looks good because its got a handful of people in tiny environments with draw distances hidden behind fog and other stuff. Hell if we put more limits on the experience, we can make games in 4k too. When they run DR3 in 1080p while driving through thousands of zombies at top speeds with a huge draw distance and special effects up the wazoo, we can talk about its technical capabilities. Sounds like a console gamer is being fooled because he doesn't understand how allocation works.

I also don't see how Sony is focused on games. You confuse having slightly better graphics for focusing on games. Its not even focusing on graphics. It just aims to deliver little else. MS is focused on actual gameplay much more than Sony. They've spent more making games for X1, they've spent more on enhancing controls and they've spent a LOT more on online so that developers can bring fresh ideas and dedicated servers without having to worry about paying for them.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#162starman98Posted 11/24/2013 9:14:56 PM
I honestly think both are disappointing. So much hype for both but right now I am enjoying the 360 more than both of them.
#163xHuckleberryPosted 11/24/2013 9:39:38 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...

TC put way too much effort into this troll topic. How is the PS4 suppose to be based on fun? Because Killzone is shiny? Killzone also scored terribly and worse than DR3, with ONLY its graphics being its saving grace. Basically, Sony cares about graphics over gameplay. Dead Rising 3 got a considerably better score and the only issue really is because its too ambitious for where they are at right now.

Killzone looks good because its got a handful of people in tiny environments with draw distances hidden behind fog and other stuff. Hell if we put more limits on the experience, we can make games in 4k too. When they run DR3 in 1080p while driving through thousands of zombies at top speeds with a huge draw distance and special effects up the wazoo, we can talk about its technical capabilities. Sounds like a console gamer is being fooled because he doesn't understand how allocation works.

I also don't see how Sony is focused on games. You confuse having slightly better graphics for focusing on games. Its not even focusing on graphics. It just aims to deliver little else. MS is focused on actual gameplay much more than Sony. They've spent more making games for X1, they've spent more on enhancing controls and they've spent a LOT more on online so that developers can bring fresh ideas and dedicated servers without having to worry about paying for them.

Atta boy. Judge both consoles on launch titles. 1...launch title...for each system.

Not only that, but you pick a FPS against an action arcade style zombie game.

I dont understand all this care about launch titles. (Did you for some reason sell your PS3 or 360? Cause those should do just fine for gaming until games you actually want come out)

You know why i want an XB1? GoW and Fable. Maybe a new Crackdown. Certainly not Halo.

You know why i want a PS4? Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream. Seriously, i dont care how much a fanboy you are, if dont want approve of the games those two companies make, then...well i guess your an over the top fanboy. Who needs put down.
#164VIC10U5Posted 11/24/2013 9:51:51 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...

Atta boy. Judge both consoles on launch titles. 1...launch title...for each system.

I dont understand all this care about launch titles. (Did you for some reason sell your PS3 or 360? Cause those should do just fine for gaming until games you actually want come out)

You know why i want an XB1? GoW and Fable. Maybe a new Crackdown. Certainly not Halo.

You know why i want a PS4? Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream. Seriously, i dont care how much a fanboy you are, if dont want approve of the games those two companies make, then...well i guess your an over the top fanboy. Who needs put down.

I thought TLOU was effin' boring and cliched as hell. I also don't think it looked all that good. Good game but definitely not deserving of the all of the hype and attention it got. Absolutely no desire to play through it more than once. QUantic Dream...meh. PS4 has good looking games that just aren't fun to play.
#165DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/25/2013 10:14:25 AM
xHuckleberry posted...

As opposed to the imaginary games that people say are coming but have no idea whether they will be good or not? Yes, lets make purchases based on complete unknowns! Hey, people predicted Killzone SF to get at least 85 because previous games scored well. Then Killzone got a 73... How do we know thats not the same fate for any other sequels, including titles like Uncharted and Halo? Oh thats right... we don't...

Wow, what an idiot. I am responding to someone who compared these two games. I am not the one who originally compared them. Its so obvious you are trying to pick a side here.

I'm done with those games and I'm done with those consoles. Just because you can't afford new consoles, doesn't mean other people can't. Killer Instinct and DR3 are a crapload of fun and BF4 on Xbox One is just plain much better along with a much better controller. Xbox One is also a great media hub and makes things just much more convenient and faster.

Why are you telling me this? Does it look like I care?

What the hell are you even talking about? Clearly you are a fanboy thinking you are stealthy. I simply gave an impression of owning both consoles at launch and how TC is an idiot if he thinks the PS3 could render a game like DR3 in Killzone type graphics. Thats just not how it works. Starcraft looks like a cartoon yet can bring even tough PCs to a crawl when enemy counts get high.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#166cakebitePosted 11/25/2013 12:33:38 PM
I have both consoles too…

PS4

The launch lineup is weak. The Watch Dogs pushback was a tough blow. I've had the most fun playing the free download, Resogun (reminds me of Geometry Wars, out for the 360 launch).

Hardware wise it's small, sleek and quite. I like the "click" of the triggers and the fact that I don't have to buy rechargeable batteries.

Currently the OS is minimal. I like that it isn't littered with ads, you can get right to your games or media apps and all the settings/options are one or two menus deep.

Performance wise getting set up and online was very quick. It supported my 7.1 audio without issue, plugging headphones into the controller delivered great sound as well. The picture on many games is a full 1080p, taking advantage of my large tv. - No problems.

XBox One

The launch line up is stronger than the PS4. Despite the reviews, I enjoyed Ryse as a tech demo, and DR3, although doesn't look too "next gen" is part of a franchise that I've had fun with.

The hardware on this is clunky. The power brick makes cable management hard and where to place that big kinect? It's too large to fit on top of my thin LED tv, and sitting it onto of my center speaker looks very cluttered. I hate buying rechargeable batteries for the controller, and the triggers feel mushy, but the new rumble used in Forza is cool.

The OS is my biggest issue at the moment. Navigation is a puzzle. I believe the deep menus are set up to be found with voice commands, but to do that you need to know what exact command you need to say is. I've had to look up even basic set up options.

Which brings me to performance - This was not ready to ship. First, the Kinect won't work to power on the console like it's advertised. I contacted MS about this and they said that feature is not working for everyone but it is "coming soon". Sometimes it powers off my cable and tv, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes the picture on the home screen will go black and I have to restart it, sometimes in boot up it hands on the xbox logo for up to 5 minutes. Calibrating the Kinect's picture never fully worked. For surround audio it only sends some sounds to my audio receiver. Watching tv one commercial might have sound while another might not. For the cable tv concept, I don't want cable anymore. I imaging within less than a few years this will be true for most people. Second, I have Time Warner who have an app to watch tv which has more features and works much faster than running my cable box through the console. Changing the channels through the xbox is slow, and finding what's on the dvr or recording shows is a nightmare/not possible. After a few days I unhook this needless middle man from the equation.

For streaming media I want to say the XBox does just as well as the PS4, but while watching Hulu Plus on the XBox it has stuttered a lot. Also, snapping a streaming video while waiting on something like a video game install creates the worst example of this. Streaming cable tv/media on my cheap Roku is my go to (out of the many things I have with similar apps).

The PS4 has a draught of games and a minimal menu system, but everything set up easily out of the box and what it does runs perfectly. The XBox has great ambition and some great looking titles, but it's by FAR the buggiest, most cluttered, confusing video game system I've seen. A kind of rushed "jack of all trades, master of none".
#167Jx1010Posted 11/25/2013 12:41:13 PM
This picture is .... http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/197aw15wamv55jpg/ku-medium.jpg

---
Currently playing: Persona 3 and Wii sports club Tennis
#168Reflex-ArcPosted 11/25/2013 12:46:43 PM
I have both as well, but I haven't spent more than an hour with my PS4 so I can't really pass judgment, and I've been too busy playing DR3 and Forza to form an opinion on the Xbox other than the games are fun and I really like the controller.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#169PhaseBlackPosted 11/26/2013 11:33:41 AM
starman98 posted...
I honestly think both are disappointing. So much hype for both but right now I am enjoying the 360 more than both of them.

If you were expecting lots of play time from the launch of the consoles, I dont think then you have any idea of what a launch period is. The first year at least is just meh compared to any other console that has a library of games built over years and years
---
PSVita & 3DS
#170AltruisPosted 11/26/2013 12:41:35 PM
While I agree on some points with the TC, I have a different opinion than his.

1. I thought DR3's graphics were awesome. I would like a similar game to compare it to on the PS4. Comparing it to Killzone is not right since FPS's always have better graphics than open world/sandbox type games. I was really impressed with how DR3's graphics looked. I didn't even know it was 720p nor do I care as long as the game looks next gen, and it does.

2. Having Kinect included makes the navigation on the X1 seem more advanced. I love the dashboard and don't see anything negative with it. It just a bit different than the PS4's... I really don't see a need to crown the PS4 over this. Also, the game clips are fun to share with friends over XBL. What hoops do we have to jump through with the PS4 to show some game clips?

3. X1 launch games >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PS4's launch games.... there's really no question about it. X1 has more exclusives, and better exclusives. The PS4's launch titles are poor enough that I forced myself to buy them just to have exclusives for the system.

4. Online. Are you kidding me with the PS4? Are there any online co-op games yet? WTH? Also... wth is up with that 1990's headset the PS4 came with... that thing is a joke. Has anyone been able to keep that in their ear yet? Is there even a need to use it yet? I tried it out with a friend and we just said "Hey... wow this thing is horrible... ok later this sucks." XBL continues it's online dominance immediately in my eyes.

I'm sure there are some things I'm missing about what X1 does better than the PS4. Don't get me wrong, I love my PS4 too... but when people start stating things that I don't agree with, I have to jump in. I do like the advanced features of the DS4 better than the X1 controller as well as the loading times seem very long on the X1... but other than those 2 things, I don't see the PS4 having an edge anywhere else.

Sorry, but it's a bit ignorant to say one company has won this gen within the first couple of weeks of launch. I'd say that statement reveals that TC is biased towards the PS4. As far as launch goes, in my mind there's no doubt the X1 is more exciting (and I bought way more games for the PS4 than the X1.)
---
History: Atari, Coleco Vision, NES, GB, SNES, PS, N64, GBA, DC, PS2, Xbox, GC, PSP, 360, DS, Wii, PS3, Wii U, 3DS, PS4, X1