If you don't want Monetization in your video games. Don't buy games like Forza 5

#1mtjormitchPosted 11/23/2013 8:27:43 AM
You are not getting the full game of Forza 5. The game is literally forcing grinding methods of that of crap fee to pay titles on iphones in order to get you to pay money.

Don't do it and warn everyone you know that this crap cannot be tolerated from a full priced game. Hell, remember when you could buy a video game and not have any of that crap? If you want to have video games be like the diseased iphone market, go ahead and buy it, but once Fallout 4 comes out and asks you if you want to spend real world money to level up faster, you will know who's fault this all was. Yours.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 11/23/2013 8:29:08 AM
I won't be buying Forza 5. Or Ryse which also suffers from microtransactions. DLC plagued last gen and if MTs plague this one, I might even skip this gen.
---
My Saints Row IV Review:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/649270-saints-row-iv/reviews/review-155468
#3ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/23/2013 8:29:47 AM
Or, you can just play the game and never pay for anything else.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#4PsychoDrama1Posted 11/23/2013 8:29:51 AM
*sigh* i agree. Sucks cause I love Forza dearly, but i'm not gonna support that ridiculous practice.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#5scvmlordPosted 11/23/2013 8:30:45 AM
Preach on. Sad thing is Ryse has it too. And I think Crimson Dragon? Maybe I'm remembering wrong.
#6snowboard340Posted 11/23/2013 8:30:56 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Or, you can just play the game and never pay for anything else.

This, it's for the people who want to enjoy late game things, but don't have the time to put into the game.
#7SunDevil77Posted 11/23/2013 8:33:02 AM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
*sigh* i agree. Sucks cause I love Forza dearly, but i'm not gonna support that ridiculous practice.

You're going to have to skip a lot of great games, then.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/23/2013 8:33:39 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I won't be buying Forza 5. Or Ryse which also suffers from microtransactions. DLC plagued last gen and if MTs plague this one, I might even skip this gen.

Don't give up. The PS4 is looking like it might turn the tide on that crap. Numbers ain't looking good for the XBONE (I am immune to fuzzy math) but we still need a bit more time.

I feel you though.
---
PS4 /PS3 /Vita /2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#9JusticeSwordPosted 11/23/2013 8:34:12 AM
Eurogamer speaks the truth, MS are primarily about profit over content & quality.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-whens-a-free-to-play-game-not-free-to-play
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#10mtjormitch(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 8:34:18 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
PsychoDrama1 posted...

You're going to have to skip a lot of great games, then.

A game with these kinds of monetizations models are diseased and broken. They are in no way shape or form any good in any kind of way.
---
Story in video games have gotten more important than gameplay nowadays. I recommend dealing with this fact and learning that this is now a storytelling medium.