If you don't want Monetization in your video games. Don't buy games like Forza 5

#141BraxSimeonPosted 11/25/2013 12:18:05 PM
Jptremblay13 posted...
Did you even played the games?

Ryse has microtransaction. Yes, you can buy gold to unlocks items. But, that gold, you get it from playing normaly too. There are absolutly no need to buy them. It's only a "shortcut". No items are required to be paid with real money.

Same with Forza. Yes, there are some cars that you need to pay $$$ to buy them. But Forza always had DLC with cars in it. Why is everyone crying?

Don't want to spend a dime? No problem, just play the freaking game like you always did.

"b-b-but we deserve more!"
They are crying because they think they are entitled to some specific level of content using some ancient purchasing model.

I have no idea why some people are cooling with paying to watch a movie once in the theater, or renting a car, or keeping a Netflix subscription, or whatever else, but if they don't get "everything on the disc" they whine their little eyes out...
---
GT: Brax
13 12 4 X
#142PsychoDrama1Posted 11/25/2013 12:35:17 PM
BraxSimeon posted...
Jptremblay13 posted...

Ryse has microtransaction. Yes, you can buy gold to unlocks items. But, that gold, you get it from playing normaly too. There are absolutly no need to buy them. It's only a "shortcut". No items are required to be paid with real money.

Same with Forza. Yes, there are some cars that you need to pay $$$ to buy them. But Forza always had DLC with cars in it. Why is everyone crying?

Don't want to spend a dime? No problem, just play the freaking game like you always did.

They are crying because they think they are entitled to some specific level of content using some ancient purchasing model.

I have no idea why some people are cooling with paying to watch a movie once in the theater, or renting a car, or keeping a Netflix subscription, or whatever else, but if they don't get "everything on the disc" they whine their little eyes out...

These posts scare me.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#143teehee23Posted 11/25/2013 12:39:46 PM
Valor31 posted...
Killzone 4, Knack and resogun PS4 exclusives don't have a monetization system or an in game economy created specifically to promote a real cash currency.

Seems to me both companies have a different view on this in terms of system exclusives.

Gran Turismo 6 just slapped your face and called you a liar.
---
I don't deserve to be so happy. :)
#144Jands_STORMPosted 11/25/2013 12:40:40 PM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
BraxSimeon posted...
Jptremblay13 posted...

These posts scare me.

---
Brasileiro com Orgulho!!
#145SheepinatorPosted 11/25/2013 1:04:33 PM
Jptremblay13 posted...

That's the thing. Let's say you're used to taking 40 hours to unlock everything in a racer (or whichever genre we're talking about). Now let's say they add MT for the time and money exchange, which by itself may be a positive thing because as I said not everybody plays games the same way etc. There is a certain $$$/hr value there. If they tune things so it now requires 200 hours to unlock, it's obvious they are hoping more people go the $$$ route. Devs may be putting a dollar value on your gaming time and hoping to manipulate your spending behavior accordingly.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#146jackacidPosted 11/25/2013 1:58:20 PM
Eh, I have never paid for Forza DLC and love the franchise, so this is more of an issue who needs to have everything to enjoy a game.

In reality, micro-transactions are the future of gaming. It allows lower costs for up-front development, then add on to a game as need demands.
#147NinjuggalotusPosted 11/26/2013 4:06:01 AM
"Next-gen" console gaming is hilarious
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
She witit, I'm witit
#148Pantera_head667Posted 11/26/2013 4:39:18 AM
I don't really care about this unless its multiplayer advantages theyre offering. Wouldn't it be better if the people who payed for an advantage get put into a matchmaking category where they can only play with people who are equal or greater than their level? The only real issue with this is that it can be unfair to those of us who DO grind and play legitimately. Dedicate a few of those fancy servers to the people with the unfair advantages.
---
_,-' Dance to the decadence dance '-,_
#149Razor2602Posted 11/26/2013 5:19:52 AM
IWU posted...
My point has always ever been that Sony is instituting the same MT practices as MS, and EA.

Sadly was always going to happen, if one company gets away with it then the others will do it too, personally i dont think if the Xbox one got such a backlash the ps4 would be what it is now, i mean Sony did patent tech to block used games and its supposed to have been a fake to get microsoft to follow suit, i aint convinced
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWSIFh8ICaA
#150SheepinatorPosted 11/26/2013 5:47:43 AM
Pantera_head667 posted...
I don't really care about this unless its multiplayer advantages theyre offering. Wouldn't it be better if the people who payed for an advantage get put into a matchmaking category where they can only play with people who are equal or greater than their level? The only real issue with this is that it can be unfair to those of us who DO grind and play legitimately. Dedicate a few of those fancy servers to the people with the unfair advantages.

By the same logic, isn't it unfair that the guy with a busy real life with jobs, kids, etc. gets put into MP matches with people who can and do spend tens of hours each week grinding? Should the people who play more than X hours per week be put on their own servers too? (Never mind anyway the stupidity of fragmenting an MP population like this.)
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.