If you don't want Monetization in your video games. Don't buy games like Forza 5

#91CyricsServantPosted 11/23/2013 3:42:38 PM
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
Personally I don't buy digital micro transaction money and take serious consideration when buying dlc. For instance even though I very much love the battlefield series I won't be buying 4 simply because I don't feel like spending an extra $100 on map packs over the life of them game. I don't like season passes because at the end of the day I just don't feel like I own anything for the money I spent.

But have you guys actually seen the microtransactions for Forza?

http://imgur.com/hnSQc2e

They literally give you less digital cash for spending more real money. It's laughable, they say you get some free coins when they are very blatantly far from it.

I love the "recommended" and "great value" stickers in the corner. XD
#92axelfooley2k5Posted 11/23/2013 3:45:23 PM
Topic on gaf is hilarious

Turn 10 are out of their minds

One of the cars is $100 to unlock if you want lol
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#93regsantotomasPosted 11/23/2013 3:46:58 PM
I put on my big boy pants and did what I wanted. Game already downloaded.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#94IWUPosted 11/23/2013 3:50:49 PM
Valor31 posted...
Killzone 4, Knack and resogun PS4 exclusives don't have a monetization system or an in game economy created specifically to promote a real cash currency.

Seems to me both companies have a different view on this in terms of system exclusives.

Oh, so the MT's in GT6 magically don't exist anymore? Thanks for letting me know the laws of physics are malleable fanboy...
---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.
#95TerraUniversePosted 11/23/2013 3:53:43 PM
Are these purchases numerous? Would you really compare them to the free-to-play model? I'm just curious.
#96AzaneAzerPosted 11/23/2013 3:55:12 PM
The funny thing about "Free to play" models, is that you need to milk more money out of loyal fans than just buying the original product would cost to make a profit over just selling a game.
#97Gojak_v3Posted 11/23/2013 3:57:10 PM
IWU posted...
Valor31 posted...
Killzone 4, Knack and resogun PS4 exclusives don't have a monetization system or an in game economy created specifically to promote a real cash currency.

Seems to me both companies have a different view on this in terms of system exclusives.

Oh, so the MT's in GT6 magically don't exist anymore? Thanks for letting me know the laws of physics are malleable fanboy...

lol what do physics have to do with making a game? Other than making sure the table you're sitting at is level and the computer isn't gonna fall off.
#98zephirrainesPosted 11/23/2013 3:58:22 PM
Why is this such a big deal when its everyone in the real world. Its even in fast food restaurants when they charge you extra to supersize your meal. When a car dealership charges you for extra features.

Grow up and make a smart consumer decision. If its not worth it then shut up and save your money or wait till it drops in price. Some people will think it is worth it and some people might by the stock game and not care about the DLC. There is no right answer but whining about the very nature of capitalism just shows how out of touch and ENTITLED some of you kids are.
#99Gojak_v3Posted 11/23/2013 4:02:27 PM
zephirraines posted...
Why is this such a big deal when its everyone in the real world. Its even in fast food restaurants when they charge you extra to supersize your meal. When a car dealership charges you for extra features.

Grow up and make a smart consumer decision. If its not worth it then shut up and save your money or wait till it drops in price. Some people will think it is worth it and some people might by the stock game and not care about the DLC. There is no right answer but whining about the very nature of capitalism just shows how out of touch and ENTITLED some of you kids are.

lmao so delusional. Yep just shutting up and taking it will show those greedy corporations. It's not like people speaking out against disgusting business practices forced a change for a certain console or something.
#100khardboredPosted 11/23/2013 4:02:48 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Or, you can just play the game and never pay for anything else.

I thought the same thing. But then Forza hits you with a paywall every where you go in the game.
They cherry picked some of the more sought after cars to charge you for and you can't even buy the car, it's behind a pack. But I forked over the $50 because I am a massive Forza fanatic.

And I am not sure why likwid mentioned the PS4 when it will be just as inundated by this stuff. it's not a console thing, it's a developer thing. And developer greed has no console allegiance.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */