estimate: sony has to sell twice as many consoles to catch ms profit on xbox one

#11LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/23/2013 10:07:51 AM
leathelj posted...
Aarkshark posted...
Foxx3k posted...
Aarkshark posted...
Material Cost != Total Cost

It's been said numerous times that neither console makes a profit on a sale. The profit from consoles comes from licensed peripherals and games.

No, assembly and packaging is free because Foxconn is a non-profit.

Shipping? Advertising? Replacements? Repairs?

lol me to. but honestly they both with sell fine what is with this profit war thing? do these people get paid by sony/microsoft. i mean is it some kinda of fanboy thing..i........i just don't get it?? there both multibillon dollar company (more so Microsoft) they will both be fine.

The profit margin thing was never used in the history of gaming debate until the PS3 outsold the 360 worldwide. The fanboys had to shift the goal post to make a negative into a positive.
---
PS4 /PS3 /Vita /2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#12Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 10:09:08 AM
Aarkshark posted...
no kidding. never said it. never even implied it.
#13Rome218Posted 11/23/2013 10:12:31 AM
The only reason they even waste their time publishing articles of their useless guestimates are because of the people on the internet acting like getting a console is being initiated into a gang or joining a cult, and they already have a sworn enemy.

MS and Sony execs probably laugh and think the people buying their stuff are morons, and they wouldn't be completely wrong.
#14AarksharkPosted 11/23/2013 10:14:49 AM
Troll_Directory posted...
Aarkshark posted...

"i found an early estimate on materials. ps4 costs a little more than $330, and the xo is about $370. so, for every 1 million consoles sold, that would be $70 million for sony, and $130 million for ms. "
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#15Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 10:19:19 AM
Aarkshark posted...
Aarkshark posted...

"i found an early estimate on materials. ps4 costs a little more than $330, and the xo is about $370. so, for every 1 million consoles sold, that would be $70 million for sony, and $130 million for ms. "
ha ha! egg on your face. you had to custom quote what i said, in order to remove the part about marketing and assembly. and, not one mention of total cost from me, ever. you must be so embarrassed. what does that even feel like?
#16AarksharkPosted 11/23/2013 10:29:00 AM
ha ha! egg on your face. you had to custom quote what i said, in order to remove the part about marketing and assembly. and, not one mention of total cost from me, ever. you must be so embarrassed. what does that even feel like?

Uh. I typed " twice. It takes less time than typing out the quote tag and then the end tag.

Also, I left out the part where you assumed that " the extra assembly and marketing costs are probably similar" since that's, again, an assumption.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
My FUNK is all that of JUSTICE! I will be the first to grab the napkin, you will be as docile as the winter catfish!
#17riddlebox13Posted 11/23/2013 10:39:03 AM
It has been said over and over again that console sales don't make them much money if any at all. Games is where it is all at really.Also where is the kinect breakdown and money added in to it? Also I'm not believing it fully because MS used off the stock items. That $100 difference really is bigger than people expect. At least from what I've seen with my customers and friends on FB.

PS4 on average I saw 3-4 items sold along side it not including the Camera and the DS4. Xbox One however I sold maybe 2 at most and the popular item was DR3 and Forza 5 usually. That $100 for some reason is going a long way.
#18BudWisenheimerPosted 11/23/2013 10:47:34 AM
Aarkshark posted...

Uh. I typed " twice. It takes less time than typing out the quote tag and then the end tag.

Also, I left out the part where you assumed that " the extra assembly and marketing costs are probably similar" since that's, again, an assumption.

To be fair ... the word "estimate" is right there in his topic title. So the whole thing is an assumption. And it does look like you picked a fight without paying attention to where you were swinging. If those numbers turn out to be correct ... it seems reasonable to assume that MSFT will be making a profit on each console sooner than Sony. More profit sometimes means more new games.

At the same time ... it wouldn't surprise me at all if Sony sells more than twice what MSFT does.
#19Troll_Directory(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 10:50:48 AM
riddlebox13 posted...
Also where is the kinect breakdown and money added in to it?
read the link, i accounted for that in their estimate.