Yes... my disc drive will not read discs, makes crunching sound.

#1TBONE_OGPosted 11/23/2013 11:55:40 AM
A lot of regular posters will recognize me as a pro xbox guy on this board. So this isn't a BS story.

My X1 works great... except for the disc drive. It was the last thing I tested with a bluray and a dvd -- I get the crunching sound, then it won't read. The disc ejects with no problems.

Just giving a heads up to legit posters that this problem is real and hopefully a small percentage of people are dealing with this.

To narrow it down: I ordered a Day One edition Xbox One from Amazon, 2 day shipping. I live in the Los Angeles area.

I will not say I'm happy about it since I'm going to have to deal with customer service, but hey.. at least the rest of the X1 works just fine, and I was able to get my Day One achievement and download Killer Instinct and play that.

Now I have a nice excuse to go back and finish my 360 games! (It helps if you're optimistic in these times.)
---
Always O.G.
#2Jx1010Posted 11/23/2013 11:58:19 AM
Theres a large number of people who had this same problem, dont worry MS will fix it
---
Currently playing: Sports Club (Tennis) and Metal Gear Rising
#3TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 12:03:01 PM
Yeah, I know. I was reading about it all day at work, and then I'm able to get home and hook mine up and boom. I just shook my head. Hate to say it, but I'm glad I'm not alone.

Maybe I should start a support group... ha.
---
Always O.G.
#4AnakeriePosted 11/23/2013 12:06:24 PM
Troll! Liar! Apostate! Necromancer!!!

Just kidding. Hope it gets resolved for you soon, TC.
---
GT: CrampedSultana
Pawn: Zarianna
#5TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 12:21:56 PM
Me too. Currently waiting in an online chat room for some help.
---
Always O.G.
#6TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 3:55:32 PM
Been on hold with CS for 3 hours, two different phone calls.

Pretty rough...
---
Always O.G.
#7AzaneAzerPosted 11/23/2013 3:56:35 PM
fail rate was pretty ridiculous considering they were the RRODers
#8Timtimmp5Posted 11/23/2013 4:04:36 PM
Sorry man that sucks :( Let us know how the customer service is. I hope for all the people who have to send in their console at launch they said them something back with the console, like a game, xbox live time, or console currency. I think they should do something for sure to make up for it!
---
www.justin.tv/failgaming Come watch!
#9TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 4:16:55 PM
Will do. What sucks it that the online process to report a faulty console gets nothing bu errors when you go through the steps. So i have no choice but to sit here on the phone. But I am playing KI as I wait.

The worse thing about this whole thing is that I bought DR3 day one edition physical copy and can't play it. And there's special unlocks for playing on launch week.

I could download it and return the physical...but I kind of wanted the came case for this one. Maybe they can give me a free credit for the digital one, then take it back once I get my xbox back... haha

We'll see.
---
Always O.G.
#10Donuts_R_GoodPosted 11/23/2013 4:29:57 PM
Don't feel too bad about having to talk to xbox support, I just did about an issue I've been having and they offered me an advanced exchange.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.