Yes... my disc drive will not read discs, makes crunching sound.

#11ssjgohhkuPosted 11/24/2013 7:06:33 AM
Obvious Sony Pony reassurance.
#12TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 11:05:39 AM(edited)
Update: I got through finally on the Xbox support website, and was able to put in for an advanced replacement console. I did also wait on the phone for 5 hours while I played KI and piddled around. MS/Xbox customer service is getting hit hard.

Hopefully it's here within 2 business days. Should see it by Wednesday at the latest if they ship Monday.
---
Always O.G.
#13Gojak_v3Posted 11/24/2013 11:09:23 AM
This is a massive problem with the Xbone, however none of the xbots here will admit it.
#14TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 11:19:27 AM(edited)
Gojak_v3 posted...
This is a massive problem with the Xbone, however none of the xbots here will admit it.

If anyone is in denial, that's why I'm here. As the OP states, I'm a regular user. Hell, I wasn't even going to come back to these boards for a week. But since I got the drive issue, I just want to share it, let people know it's not BS. But I have at least 6 or 7 buddies with perfectly working X1's.

The issue is a big problem, but as of right now, it is effecting a small percentage. All we can do it wait for the number to rise at this point.
---
Always O.G.
#15BuburibonPosted 11/24/2013 11:31:11 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...

If anyone is in denial, that's why I'm here. As the OP states, I'm a regular user. Hell, I wasn't even going to come back to these boards for a week. But since I got the drive issue, I just want to share it, let people know it's not BS. But I have at least 6 or 7 buddies with perfectly working X1's.

The issue is a big problem, but as of right now, it is effecting a small percentage. All we can do it wait for the number to rise at this point.

We unfortunately will never know the actual percentage, and in an age where it's extremely easily, and likely that XB1 users will come online to discuss their defective units, it's very difficulty to estimate how widespread the problem really is. Just last night, a local news commentator here in BC said something like "have over one million people eat the same meal, at the same restaurant, on the same day, and watch the countless reports of food poisoning pour in on the following days." Yes, as much as I'm sorry to hear about your defective XB1, TC, I can't help but to agree with aforesaid news commentator.
---
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz
#16TheGam3925Posted 11/24/2013 11:36:02 AM
TBONE_OG posted...
Been on hold with CS for 3 hours, two different phone calls.

Pretty rough...

Must be a lot of these problems if you're on hold for 3 hours.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#17TBONE_OG(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 6:07:30 PM
No need to feel bad for me. I'm a big boy.

And the biggest blessing, is that the rest of the console works. So I'm having fun with digital purchases.
---
Always O.G.
#18builder111Posted 11/24/2013 6:17:09 PM
So they are just sending our replacement units with the same crappy drives that will inevitably break again
---
caps
#19uptown710Posted 11/24/2013 6:19:47 PM
ssjgohhku posted...
Obvious Sony Pony reassurance.

So cause the TC is having a legit problem, this is a reassurance topic?
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#20url54mvpPosted 11/24/2013 6:23:33 PM
I do have one question about this. Is all save data put in the cloud now? Meaning, if you do need to get a replacement console do you simply swap consoles and still retain your previous game data through your Live profile or whatever? I know when I was going through 360's like paper plates back in the day I would always swap out my existing hard drive for the one in the replacement unit.