Stupid how you can't use netflix unless you pay

#101Def_S0ulPosted 11/23/2013 6:01:25 PM
Manifest_78 posted...
Def_S0ul posted...

Yes I do hate sony for locking online play behind ps+. But I don't completely blame them for it. See businesses follow certain popular trends. Sony saw how the xbox 360 made M$ a lot of money off of their online play subscription model of xbox live. And now they (sony) locked theirs behind PS4 through ps+. I blame every single people who call themselves "gamers" for supporting this scam sub model that M$ started. But hey at the very least not everything is locked behind ps+ unlike your precious xbone gold live sub. How is that for honesty? Still think that I'm a Sony pony?

OK, I'll play along. At one point the 360 was the only console streaming Netflix highly customized and had extra features (since been discontinued). For people like me that already subscribed to Live, it was a bonus. When the PS3 eventually got Netflix it was rocky for some time till things smoothed out. Bottom-line, the Live version of Netflix provides additional services that tie into the ecosystem of the 360 and XB1.

I can't argue if that service is worthwhile to YOU, that's your opinion. However it is silly to get bent out of shape for a service you probably will never use and been in existence since 2008. Oh and personally, I pay for Gold and PS+. Even if I paid full price for both services $110 for 12 months is really a drop in the bucket. It's worth it to me even though I rarely play online.

Damn you're paying an extra $110 for features that you will never get to use every single day to make it worthwhile. I'm assuming you have your own bills to pay and family to support. If you get to use those features a lot then that's the only time it's considered worth it. If not then just spend it on something more worthwhile and more practical. But hey it's your life it's up to you how you spend your money. I just hope that it's not sending the wrong message to these companies.
#102OmegaPillow(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 6:09:11 PM
kingcam07 posted...
This thread is bait, and you all are fishermen.

Stupid post, even some people didn't even realize this scam Microsoft got going
---
Psn: An_Axe_Murderer 360: An Axe Murd3r3r capcoms defense force damage control on sfxt::http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/999533-street-fighter-x-tekken/62143163
#103thedeerzordPosted 11/23/2013 6:13:11 PM
0TiamaT0 posted...
If you want to watch Netflix for free, that's what your computer is for.

this^
#104Laylow12Posted 11/23/2013 6:14:45 PM
thedeerzord posted...
0TiamaT0 posted...

this^

That's also what your PS4 is for.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#105blax34dmPosted 11/23/2013 6:15:26 PM
thedeerzord posted...
0TiamaT0 posted...

this^

Yea because my 27" monitor is my preferred method of watching netflix, not my 60" tv....

what a stupid post lol
#106FooforawPosted 11/23/2013 6:17:38 PM
thedeerzord posted...
0TiamaT0 posted...

this^

Or your Wii

Or your PS3

Or your Wii U

Or your PS4

but yeah, what you said....people these days, right?
---
Trolls don't like me because they know I'm not afraid to ignore them to death
#107BloodyDove2vsPosted 11/23/2013 6:17:42 PM
dutch2099 posted...
BloodyDove2vs posted...
It's called a "money gate"

Named of course for it's inventor, Bill "Money" Gates. Right? What do I win?

I'm sorry. I meant "pay wall." Money Gate just has a ring to it.
---
Let it stands! Pc vs Ps4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#108SPARTAN_D7Posted 11/23/2013 6:25:58 PM
This topic is ridiculous. So full of trolls, M$ hate and Sony Ponieism.

Xbox live kicks the crap out of PSN. My $60 a year over the last 7 years and a few ads I've had to look at helped create the most stable online gaming service EVAR! If you all hate it so much go use that inferior excuse for an online gaming service for $50 a year. Maybe in the next decade PSN will catch up to where Live is now. Hopefully they don't go down for another month at a time and give away all the Ponies credit card information again in the process.

Hate on M$ all you want. All I see in this board is Ponies talking about reassurance topics. Well all this is is a giant Pony PSN+ reassurance topic.

What a joke.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#109SlimeSwayzePosted 11/23/2013 7:12:17 PM
SPARTAN_D7 posted...

Xbox live kicks the crap out of PSN. My $60 a year over the last 7 years and a few ads I've had to look at helped create the most stable online gaming service EVAR! If you all hate it so much go use that inferior excuse for an online gaming service for $50 a year. Maybe in the next decade PSN will catch up to where Live is now. Hopefully they don't go down for another month at a time and give away all the Ponies credit card information again in the process.

Hate on M$ all you want. All I see in this board is Ponies talking about reassurance topics. Well all this is is a giant Pony PSN+ reassurance topic.

What a joke.

Why are you so worked up?
---
Currently Playing: Resogun, BF4, NFS: Rivals, AC4, and Into the Nexus.
#110TheGuiltySparkPosted 11/23/2013 7:17:41 PM(edited)
SPARTAN_D7 posted...

What a joke.

Even if the PSN network went down again... Hell, even if it went down forever, Playstation could still use Netflix. Know why?

Cause you don't have to sign in on your PS+ account or anything other than your NETFLIX ACCOUNT, which is all you should have to do!

What does that have to do with being a 'Pony'? Cause they got it right on Playstation? (And Wii, Android, iPad, Roku, etc...)

It just makes sense that way to all the other companies - but for some reason Microsoft seems to be the odd one out.