Stupid how you can't use netflix unless you pay

#51zephirrainesPosted 11/23/2013 3:44:06 PM
Funny how when MS added netflix first on xbox 360 the ponies whined they would never pay to play online even if it added netflix support because they only wanted their system for gaming. Then they used a disc to run netflix and they whined about FF13 having to change discs two times on 360 and REAL surveys show that most ps3s are used mostly for netflix.

Now ponies pay to play online with no improvements and complian that netflix is behind a paywall still on xbox. Lets see who got the bad end of the deal here. For xbox owners, nothing has changed. For ps owners they just had multiplayer gaming pushed behind a paywall.

At the end of the day i am already behind the paywall and all this is added features.
#52Def_S0ulPosted 11/23/2013 3:57:28 PM
skermac posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
Should've took that out for "next" gen gaming you morons

You want Netflix for free? I guess you want cable and Dish network free too.

Netflix is not free in the first place. You pay netflix already for the service but it's still locked behind the xbox live gold paywall. Whereas in PS4 netflix is not locked behind ps+ so you're still able to use netflix if you paid for that service. If I want cable or dish network I will only pay for the company that offer those services only. I refuse to pay a 3rd party company (M$) to use a feature/service locked behind their xbone live subscription that they didn't even own in the first place. It's like they are telling you that you need to pay an extra fee for something that they had nothing to do with. Only pay for xbox live gold for features such as online play or for apps that M$ actually owned. Or use a different console or device that can use those features/service at no extra cost.
#53_OujiDoza_Posted 11/23/2013 4:00:14 PM(edited)
jakethenoob posted...
I love these people who actually still defend having to pay for gold for Netflix

If you bought netflix, chances are you already had a means of watching it before the One came out, people who complain about having to pay again for netflix are stupid inbred morons.

If you don't want LIVE gold, then don't buy it and watch netflix on whatever you were watching it on before you bought the console.
---
You can't stop me, you can only hope to mod me.
#54zephirrainesPosted 11/23/2013 3:59:23 PM
Def_S0ul posted...
skermac posted...
OmegaPillow posted...
Should've took that out for "next" gen gaming you morons

You want Netflix for free? I guess you want cable and Dish network free too.

Netflix is not free in the first place. You pay netflix already for the service but it's still locked behind the xbox live gold paywall. Whereas in PS4 netflix is not locked behind ps+ so you're still able to use netflix if you paid for that service. If I want cable or dish network I will only pay for the company that offer those services only. I refuse to pay a 3rd party company (M$) to use a feature/service locked behind their xbone live subscription that they didn't even own in the first place. It's like they are telling you that you need to pay an extra fee for something that they had nothing to do with. Only pay for xbox live gold for features such as online play or for apps that M$ actually owned. Or use a different console or device that can use those features/service at no extra cost.

So you are sticking to PC because ps4 charges you to play online gaming which is free elsewhere.

So you hate Sony for that too right or you going to be a hypocrite about it?
#55Pennywise99Posted 11/23/2013 4:00:08 PM
Netflix would have a say in this. no? They must be making some $$ off M$.
#56Ramsus082Posted 11/23/2013 4:05:08 PM
There's plenty to like about the X1, and while it's understandable that you guys want to defend every aspect of it against what you deem as petty complaints since it's so close to launch and this is a personal subject for a lot of you, that doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to defend every single criticism of it. Some of it is valid.

Netflix behind a paywall is indefensible. It's not the end of the world, no, but there's no really good defense for why we're required to rent access from Microsoft to a service we already pay for. Sony doesn't make gamers pay to use their own video services. Everybody here could benefit from Microsoft taking a page from Sony's book on this issue. Why argue against other gamer's best interests?
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#57BeefEasterPosted 11/23/2013 4:09:44 PM(edited)
FinzFan4life posted...
everyone complaing about the paywall are entitled MS can do as they wish, I am also pretty sure netflix is ran through MS servers as well as everything else so you can all stop complaining

you all wanted a gaming machine so you got an xbox one and now you are complaining that you can't watch Netflix, can't find anything else wrong with it to cry your entitled heart out.

except the xbox one isn't being advertised as just a gaming machine
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg
#58dejavu1982Posted 11/23/2013 4:10:25 PM
jakethenoob posted...
I love these people who actually still defend having to pay for gold for Netflix

If you don't want to pay to use Netflix go get a cheap pc
#59Ramsus082Posted 11/23/2013 4:11:39 PM
WestelI posted...
Yeah obviously what I said applies to any console, including the Xbox One.

The Point
________

Your Heads

I'll make it clearer for the slower users. Complaining about a paywall is silly when there are paywalls everywhere. There's a damn paywall to life.

Microsoft charges gamers access to Netflix, a service they already pay for, while Sony does not. Do you see now why people are complaining? Who cares that there's other "paywalls" like internet services or whatever other non-sensical comparisons you want to make? Sony does this one better. Stop trying to defend it, and try and get them to emulate it. Or at the very least, stop trying to get other people to get comfortable expecting less.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"
#60zephirrainesPosted 11/23/2013 4:13:20 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
WestelI posted...
Yeah obviously what I said applies to any console, including the Xbox One.

The Point
________

Your Heads

I'll make it clearer for the slower users. Complaining about a paywall is silly when there are paywalls everywhere. There's a damn paywall to life.

Microsoft charges gamers access to Netflix, a service they already pay for, while Sony does not. Do you see now why people are complaining? Who cares that there's other "paywalls" like internet services or whatever other non-sensical comparisons you want to make? Sony does this one better. Stop trying to defend it, and try and get them to emulate it. Or at the very least, stop trying to get other people to get comfortable expecting less.

Sony just charges gamers to play online. Oh wait most playstation 3s were just used for netflix anyway so it sounds to me like xbox is for gamers while ps4 is for video enthusiasts who don't have tvs or computers that can access netflix.

Then again considering the ps4s lack of exclusives this all makes sense now.