Xbox One will not control my cable box.

#1Pr0phetXPosted 11/23/2013 2:06:46 PM
I setup all of my devices properly. I have a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240HDC. When ever i use the One Guide. None of the functions will control the cable box.

Can anyone help me with this?
---
XBL: ProphetX 360
PSN: MrOverSt
#2SweatySasquatchPosted 11/23/2013 4:32:58 PM
Probably because the Kinectbox is already a cable box.
#3QuxMaxPosted 11/23/2013 4:56:40 PM
Pr0phetX posted...
I setup all of my devices properly. I have a Time Warner Scientific Atlanta Explorer 4240HDC. When ever i use the One Guide. None of the functions will control the cable box.

Works on mine man i have same one when i set it up i just pick when asked what brand your cable box is i just picked time warrner on all the little menues i didnt pick atlanta and it picked it up right away try that and let me know if it worked for you
#4herofan4Posted 11/23/2013 7:14:02 PM
i read something about this on the support page. The kinect uses a infrared signal to control the set top like a universal remote would. Mine is doing the same thing because of how I had to set it up in my living room. They suggested using an infrared extender. There is even a dedicated port on the back of the console for one. They are around $20 at walmart.
#5xninjagrrlPosted 11/23/2013 7:33:12 PM
Pr0phetX posted...

I have this exact cable box thru cox cable. Everything is working fine on my end. Only problem I initially had was no audio but that was due to a setting on the cable box.

When you were doing the initial setup did it test things for you like muting your tv and testing cable box functions? Mine passed the tests. Then I had to manually type in the make/model of my tv, receiver and cable box.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.