Does Kinect have to be hooked up, or can you leave it in the box?

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 11/23/2013 1:25:18 PM
See topic title. Thanks in advance.
---
Currently Playing: Resogun, BF4, NFS: Rivals, AC4, and Into the Nexus.
#2Homie_202Posted 11/23/2013 1:26:13 PM
You can leave it in the box but there is stuff u can't do without it. Like there is no way to have it auto sign you in unless the kinect is hooked up.
#3SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:26:49 PM
Homie_202 posted...
You can leave it in the box but there is stuff u can't do without it. Like there is no way to have it auto sign you in unless the kinect is hooked up.

That's fine by me. Thanks for the quick answer.
---
#4DisgaeaNutPosted 11/23/2013 1:27:02 PM
If you don't want the NSA watching you play Forza you can lease it off but since its so integrated it defeats purpose of buying console.
#5Homie_202Posted 11/23/2013 1:28:56 PM
No problem mine is in the box I'm not gonna use it. Hopefully ms will realize there are a lot of Xboxs that don't even have it hooked up and give us features that they took away and made it so u have to have the kinect to use them.
#6masterlouPosted 11/23/2013 1:29:24 PM
the nsa is watching regardless if the Kinect is on or not
---
" the discovery channel has monkeys and our vcr has gone wonkey" .. anya:: GT:alieneraser
#7BassnaPosted 11/23/2013 1:29:33 PM
Lol it shocks me people won't use the kinect , yet they have webcams on their computers with no problem. Btw, you don't have to use it. But your just limiting yourself from lots of extra features. lol.
---
XBL = Bassna OG
#8EnclavePosted 11/23/2013 1:31:29 PM
DisgaeaNut posted...
If you don't want the NSA watching you play Forza you can lease it off but since its so integrated it defeats purpose of buying console.

Still plays games without the Kinect so why would it defeat the purpose? So you don't have crap ass Kinect features, pretty sure he can live with that.

Though, admittedly I would suggest getting the PS4 instead. I personally refuse to buy a peripheral that I'd leave in the box. That's why I'm waiting for a Kinect free SKU which I expect to come in a couple of years.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#9SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 1:33:55 PM
Bassna posted...
Lol it shocks me people won't use the kinect , yet they have webcams on their computers with no problem. Btw, you don't have to use it. But your just limiting yourself from lots of extra features. lol.

Laptop and computer cameras aren't large external devices that I don't want to see in my living room. Plus, I never use my laptop camera, much like I will never use the Kinect.

Look, I don't care what anyone else does with their Kinect, so I have no idea why you would care whether I want to use mine or not. I just don't want one. I have zero interest in its "features". Believe me when I say that I will not be limiting my enjoyment of the games I play by not using the Kinect. I do, however, want to get an X1 eventually, and was just looking for clarification.
---
#10BloodsackPosted 11/23/2013 1:34:37 PM
Kinect isn't that great tbh. I just tried mine for a hour and could never get it to work right. I put it back in box where it will stay. Never wanted it any ways.

Only after Xbox games that use controller.
---
Gamertag:BOF Strider
Now Playing: All Xbox 360 games