How did MS manage to cheat on its gamers: F2P games aren't free!

#1the_real_onePosted 11/23/2013 2:18:38 PM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-whens-a-free-to-play-game-not-free-to-play.

Cutting off major elements from the game and ask us to pay for them, calling it free to play games is cheating.
---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
#2Gojak_v3Posted 11/23/2013 2:21:14 PM
Microsoft went big into the mobile market last year with Windows 8 and their surface tablet. It comes as no surprise they would try to incorporate some of these things into the Xbone. In this case with micro transactions. Enjoy lol.
#3LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/23/2013 2:22:11 PM
Gojak_v3 posted...
Microsoft went big into the mobile market last year with Windows 8 and their surface tablet. It comes as no surprise they would try to incorporate some of these things into the Xbone. In this case with micro transactions. Enjoy lol.

Welcome to the world of MS. XD
---
PS4 /PS3 /Vita /2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#4Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/23/2013 2:22:38 PM
the_real_one posted...
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-23-whens-a-free-to-play-game-not-free-to-play.

Cutting off major elements from the game and ask us to pay for them, calling it free to play games is cheating.
get real. there are no elements of any launch games on xo that are cut off for purchase at all, except killer instinct.
#5brutalfarcePosted 11/23/2013 2:23:14 PM
Why are people obsessed with this? Just don't buy the content. F2P is a concept born of a market that is willing to buy their way through a game. Don't be mad at business trying to make money, that's what they do.
#6Kazuya_80Posted 11/23/2013 2:23:50 PM
the_real_one posted...

Well I dont think they are asking you to pay for them, that would require you to own the system
#7Gojak_v3Posted 11/23/2013 2:27:01 PM
brutalfarce posted...
Why are people obsessed with this? Just don't buy the content. F2P is a concept born of a market that is willing to buy their way through a game. Don't be mad at business trying to make money, that's what they do.

lol this guy is defending micro transactions.
#8boolzeroPosted 11/23/2013 2:27:18 PM
Welcome to 2007 Android and sadly iOS gaming... But you are wrong in your damnation. Free to play is just that free to play. It doesn't, however, mean free to play unsolicited! There is always going to be the paid content, the golden carrot, the IAP currency that gives the paying customer the edge over the non paying customer and the mental manipulation to play at a gamers compulsive need to feel a natural state of game progression, toying with it, and making you want to buy in the endless money sink in order to feel like you are not always playing catch up.

Run on rant, I know. Sorry about that! In any case, I disagree that it is deceitful... I do agree however with the implied sentiment that, I too, don't like it creeping into my console games. Map packs are one thing, helmets and hats and crap like that another... They have their place. When you start adding crap like buying in game money, it makes one question who the game is balanced toward; the busy gamer trying to get an easy ahead, or rather the game is being tweaked to purposely manipulate the desire for such purchases...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#9steveboblarryPosted 11/23/2013 2:27:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#10IWUPosted 11/23/2013 2:37:14 PM
The_Fake_One is a known pony who has trolled the 360 board for years.

Also, stick this in your pipe and smoke it...

from the article
And Sony's at it too - GT6's microtransactions look like a thick-headed attempt to replicate the success of Ultimate Team.

---
Irregardless, for all intensive purposes I could care less if you take me for granite. If given free reign, I'll continue to tow the line so it's a mute point.