Walmart told me they had 20 xbox ones but...

#1chaz15425_basicPosted 11/23/2013 2:40:52 PM
wouldn't sell me one cause its not black friday. WTF? If um here with the money why not get the sale now.
#2eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 11/23/2013 2:45:22 PM
What's black friday?? sorry i'm from the UK -.-
---
I'm naming my Xbox One, Neo... because it's The One.
GT: One Called Rich
#3chaz15425_basic(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 2:48:19 PM
Sales day after Thanksgiving.
#4doodles40Posted 11/23/2013 2:49:39 PM
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...
What's black friday?? sorry i'm from the UK -.-

It's the day after Thanksgiving, the "official" start to the Christmas season. Otherwise known as the day Americans act like animals to save a few bucks in the name of Jeebus.
---
My mind is aglow with whirling, transient nodes of thought, careening through a cosmic vapor of invention.
#56speednissanPosted 11/23/2013 2:51:29 PM
They told me they are holding the stock for Black Friday. I guess I'll be camping inside walmart.
#6staticxtreme5Posted 11/23/2013 2:57:13 PM
Yeah it's stupid that they do that. As if Black Friday wasn't hectic enough at most retailers, why add to it with the sale of a console, when they could have already had the money if they had just sold it as soon as they got them in stock.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12
#7MGSFAN612Posted 11/23/2013 2:57:14 PM
chaz15425_basic posted...
wouldn't sell me one cause its not black friday. WTF? If um here with the money why not get the sale now.

Yep I worked at Target for four and a half years. The year the Wii came out we had a bout 50 Wii's the Sunday before Black Friday. I sold one to a customer and then a few hours later I wast told to lie to customers and tell them we didn't have any because we were saving the ones in the back for Black Friday. I refused to work in electronics the rest of that week because I didn't think it was right to lie to customers just to support the greed of them wanting to make more money on Black Friday.
---
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."-Edmund Burke
PSN/XBL: MGSFAN612 NNID: MGSFAN316
#86speednissanPosted 11/23/2013 2:58:44 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
Yeah it's stupid that they do that. As if Black Friday wasn't hectic enough at most retailers, why add to it with the sale of a console, when they could have already had the money if they had just sold it as soon as they got them in stock.

They all show it in the Black Friday ad so they have to have stock.
#9khardboredPosted 11/23/2013 2:59:50 PM
I know the local Walmart here just got about 30 consoles in on last nights GM truck and they are all going to be "Black Wrapped" as they are part of Black Friday. They will be getting another shipment mid next week for walkins.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#10VamarPosted 11/23/2013 3:08:35 PM
That's how retail works.

Wal-Mart specifically has Xbox One and PS4 in their Black Friday ad, so yes, any stock they receive for either will be held back.