Party chat through Kinect and not headset?

#1LosCholosLocosPosted 11/23/2013 5:32:35 PM
When I'm party chatting with friends, it's playing through my kinect and picking yup my voice via kinect even though the mic is plugged in. The only way I found to remedy this is by shutting the Kinect itself down entirely, but then I lose other functionality. I did have it working perfectly this morning but I'm not quite sure what has changed since than. Anyone else with me or have a solution?
---
i enjoy things.
WALLA WALLA
#2sweetbloodsPosted 11/23/2013 5:35:11 PM
I have had a few issues with that too. It always seemed to be a problem if my controller shut off. I would turn it back on but the kinect would take over. It would fix itself after a few mins. Have you check the settings to see if there is an on/off for the kinect and party chat?
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#3LosCholosLocos(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 5:36:55 PM
sweetbloods posted...
I have had a few issues with that too. It always seemed to be a problem if my controller shut off. I would turn it back on but the kinect would take over. It would fix itself after a few mins. Have you check the settings to see if there is an on/off for the kinect and party chat?

I think I have. I have been having some trouble adjusting to the new menu style. I looked at some settings. There was an option to uncheck use Kinext for voice chat. When I uncheck that I can't chat at all.
---
i enjoy things.
WALLA WALLA
#4DeadLock25Posted 11/23/2013 6:13:21 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5DeadLock25Posted 11/23/2013 6:18:17 PM
Setting > Kinect > Use Kinect mic to chat.

Just turned it off, plugged in headset, party chat works fine. Unplugged mic, Kinect does NOT take over. Nobody can hear me unless I plug mic back in.

Not sure what the problem may be but it seems simply enough to just deactivate the Kinect chat in settings and use the headset. Works fine for me.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent