Something most Xbone fans seem to not relize about the system.

#21thedude008Posted 11/23/2013 6:59:15 PM
sadly it's the controller for me.
i'd like to get my hands on the new ps4 one sometime as i hear good things, but i honestly just haven't found a playstation controller comfortable since i switched to the original xbox.

having a tough debate; is a controller on a lower spec system worth $100 more to me.

really, i was fine sitting both out for a good year.. but my 360 is on its last legs, so i may be forced to jump into next gen sooner than i'd prefer.
#22kakarot-uchihaPosted 11/23/2013 7:00:29 PM
sweetbloods posted...
Laylow12 posted...
SPARTAN_D7 posted...
Slightly inferior cross platform game graphics didn't stop people from buying PS2 or PS3. XB1 will be fine.

But it's a drastic difference and thats the problem for XBONE.

Really? My brother has a PS4 and Cod:Ghost and I have a Xbox One and Cod:Ghost and they look the same...Both set up on the best T.V.'s and all the settings are on high.

so which one of you is getting an hdtv first?
#23JonnyBigBossPosted 11/23/2013 7:00:30 PM
Makes no difference to me. I have a $1500 PC and still love my Xbox One over my PS4.

Thanks for sharing...
---
Steam, PSN, & Nintendo ID: JonnyBigBoss
Xbox Live: MrJonnyBigBoss
#24assassin10133Posted 11/23/2013 7:04:22 PM
thedude008 posted...
sadly it's the controller for me.
i'd like to get my hands on the new ps4 one sometime as i hear good things, but i honestly just haven't found a playstation controller comfortable since i switched to the original xbox.

having a tough debate; is a controller on a lower spec system worth $100 more to me.

really, i was fine sitting both out for a good year.. but my 360 is on its last legs, so i may be forced to jump into next gen sooner than i'd prefer.

I'll only get my hands on the XB1 controller Monday but played PS4 yesterday and I can say the DS4 is WAY better than the DS3, much more comfortable and natural feeling in the hand. I still feel the 360 controller is a little more comfortable/better feeling though.
#25kakarot-uchihaPosted 11/23/2013 7:05:18 PM
sorry just messin around,
well idk man still thinkin bout xb1. but it's for promised things and not realized things. which is why i haven't gone to the store yet. just on the fence. its alot of money.
#26IroncondorzPosted 11/23/2013 7:08:07 PM
Siveria posted...
Alright not meaining to troll here, especally since I am mostly a pc gamer.

I wonder how many xbone fans don't relize that a large portion if not most of the games are cross-platform titles. What this means bascally is that if you have an xbone, where its greatly inferior to a ps4 (ps4 is supposedly 50% more powerful overall) Every cross platform title on the xbone is always going to be a pretty inferior version compared to the version that will come out for the ps4. Did you relize this? Does it bother you? I mean it'd bother me always being stuck with the vastly inferior versions of the majority of the consoles games. Even with the launch titles, the cross platform ones, the ps4 version is vastly superior compared to the xbone version of the same game. There is a noticable diffrence in power needed between running something at 720p 30-60 fps like the xbone, compared to the same game running at native 1080p steady 60+ fps on the ps4.

How many of you didn't relize this when you decided on the xbone over a ps4? I mean I always thought about it since they did say the ps4 is about 50% more powerful overall.

Either way I don't own either console yet, waiting a year or 2 so there might be a game worth buying for it, and hopefully the hardware issues will be fixed. I find most games these days a total waste of money, 60 bucks for a 7 hour game is just not worth it. Biggest offender of this was bioshock infinite in recent years, the game was a total waste of money, I was glad I never bought it. I still finished it on pc though, took me about 7.5 hours, and the game had 0 replay value at all.

I just buy the console and games that will sell the best, so I can be on the winning team when the sales data is compared. I mean when the final sales figures are compared it'll prove how AWESOME I was to pick one of the three consoles, swipe my CC, and help the winning team achieve victory. I can't wait to see my name on the trophy and enter the gaming HOF.

Who actually enjoys "gaming"? It's all about comparing the numbers and having better numbers than your opponent. Kind of like comparing physical or mental abilities but not as lame, those people are losers.
#27YoYoHaHaPosted 11/23/2013 7:08:33 PM
I like Xbox over Playstation, despite the lower powered console, bc I like the Xbox community (Major Nelson, etc.), I like the Xbox home feel where there's a lot going on whereas IMO the PS home has a cold, disconnected feel, I like the controller, I like that MS is an American company, I just like Xbox.

So I'm going to have fun with my Xbox, as I hope all gamers will have fun with their new consoles, and the people who incessantly nitpick and battle over resolutions, failure rates, which are better exclusives, etc. get the mental health help they need (both sides mind you).
---
Peace and love, peace and love!
#28cm2xPosted 11/23/2013 7:09:28 PM
They dont realize it. In 1yr they will.

PC + Xbone is the WORST combo.

TitanFall is on PC too.

Except if you loved kinect, then it ok.
#29Shiro-RedWind-Posted 11/23/2013 7:09:41 PM
sweetbloods posted...
Laylow12 posted...
SPARTAN_D7 posted...
Slightly inferior cross platform game graphics didn't stop people from buying PS2 or PS3. XB1 will be fine.

But it's a drastic difference and thats the problem for XBONE.

Really? My brother has a PS4 and Cod:Ghost and I have a Xbox One and Cod:Ghost and they look the same...Both set up on the best T.V.'s and all the settings are on high.

Well truth be told this is actual an example of something I was talking about with friends. This is little to do with hardware and more to do with the average person. I think humans see naturally 30fps, I can't remember where I read that. But, some people can look at something running 30fps and 60fps and see no difference. A good example is fighters. Street Fighter 4 runs at 60FPS but Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle runs at 30FPS, but both games to most look very slow and when being streamed they seem to both move at 30FPS to the eye, as well as in motion. Same for DmC vs DMC3. So you probably did not notice a difference because quite honestly there is not much of one unless something is lagging.
---
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#30hakmiyaPosted 11/23/2013 7:13:01 PM
Because the PS4 is just an upgraded PS3.

Xbox one is the true next gen console because you can use your voice to browse menus with the smart camera Micro$oft forced you to buy.
You can also watch TV on your TV and use skype services while you play or browse the web.

It also has quick time events the game, a racing simulator,and a zombie game by capcom, a very healthy game developer who is going to create a lot of next gen titles very soon.
---
"Modern PC gamers are like Jehovah's witnesses. They keep knocking on doors to remind the world they still exist."-Bellum_Sacrum