Why was the X1 launch successful?

#31LordcrabfoodPosted 11/23/2013 7:03:31 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
PS4 will probably sell more, but why even care? The X1 will sell enough to get all of the AAA 3rd party games.

PS4 is easier to make/port games for.

I think that might have some say in this.

And......... The initial sales of the X1 are strong despite the troll's spin on it. Sales will continue to be strong enough to warrant 3rd party games. Games like Titanfall will continue to push sales. All this arguing over which company sells more is lame. I am not sure what is worse, living vicariously through your kids or a corporation. I think both are equally sad.
#32Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 7:06:24 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
PS4 will probably sell more, but why even care? The X1 will sell enough to get all of the AAA 3rd party games.

And......... The initial sales of the X1 are strong despite the troll's spin on it. Sales will continue to be strong enough to warrant 3rd party games. Games like Titanfall will continue to push sales. All this arguing over which company sells more is lame. I am not sure what is worse, living vicariously through your kids or a corporation. I think both are equally sad.

lol I got to use that 'living vicariously through corporations'. That is funny.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#33xHuckleberryPosted 11/23/2013 7:10:43 PM
Lordcrabfood posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

How can the initial sales of a system tell us anything about the future of the console? Other than how many fanboys each system has.

I wassnt trying to assume the console would die in 1 week after release, or whatever you are trying to assume i was saying. I was just mentioning how much easier it is for the ps4 to port games over. Which i think by now is fact.

So it feels save to say the ps4 will get more attention. Sorta like how the 360 did over the ps3. Just, makes sense. ya know.
#34KodegaPosted 11/23/2013 7:13:59 PM
Gamefaqs is a TERRIBLE indicator of gaming in general. You'll see a ton of praise and hype for niche titles with small fan bases in the real world. Meanwhile, big name titles, will all automatically begin to get hammered with being called trash and overrated even before they release.

It's also choked full of angry fanboys who spam hate 24/7.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#35Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 7:14:21 PM
I notice that no one in this thread is willing to say an hard numbers :) Like quarter sales or years sales. No one wants to predict anymore.
---
#36TheSL1ClubPosted 11/23/2013 7:18:08 PM
Gamefaq is pretty dead on for Ryse that's pretty clear lol, only a selected few hardcore fanboys were saying Ryse gonna be 'the next gen' game.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#37Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2013 7:21:46 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
I notice that no one in this thread is willing to say an hard numbers :) Like quarter sales or years sales. No one wants to predict anymore.

it is true isn't it.
---
#38KodegaPosted 11/23/2013 7:22:45 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...

Because there's really nothing to predict. Most likely the sales through December will be dictated by the ability of MS and Sony to get consoles to market and not by consumer demand. A guess wouldn't really be how much Sony or MS will sell, but how much they'll be able to ship. It won't be until January and February that shipments of consoles will be greater than consumer demand. That's when the true test of sales will occur.

Remember, the Wii-U and Vita also shot out of the gate with a great huzzah initially. They then fell broke their legs and have been crawling along on life support ever since.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#39TheSL1ClubPosted 11/23/2013 7:23:02 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

it is true isn't it.

You forgot to change into your alt account TC.
---
They call me Hadouken because I'm down right fierce.
#40LordcrabfoodPosted 11/23/2013 7:23:14 PM
xHuckleberry posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...
xHuckleberry posted...
Lordcrabfood posted...

How can the initial sales of a system tell us anything about the future of the console? Other than how many fanboys each system has.

I wassnt trying to assume the console would die in 1 week after release, or whatever you are trying to assume i was saying. I was just mentioning how much easier it is for the ps4 to port games over. Which i think by now is fact.

So it feels save to say the ps4 will get more attention. Sorta like how the 360 did over the ps3. Just, makes sense. ya know.

Initial sales are important to establish a user base. We all know games sell systems and I believe MS has some killer titles that will continue strong sales, unlike the wii u. My point is, sales will be strong enough to attract 3rd parties. Whatever company sells more does not matter as both consoles will have plenty of games.