I'm curious, what things does the xbone do that the PS4 can't ?

#51mygoodluckcharmPosted 11/24/2013 2:37:50 AM
josh924 posted...
Serious question; can the PS4 multitask? Can you, for example, "snap" a game on the left side of the screen and have Netflix on the right side of the screen?

The PS4 can do multitasks, it can't do "snap".
#52mizukage2Posted 11/24/2013 2:49:35 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
josh924 posted...
Serious question; can the PS4 multitask? Can you, for example, "snap" a game on the left side of the screen and have Netflix on the right side of the screen?

What , I can do this with any video game system, even the dreamcast as my TV HAS THAT FEATURE, it's called PICTURE IN PICTURE.

So yes I can do that on my ps4. How is this a feature when a lot of old tv's even have this thing. I'm confused why this is something cool the xbone can do.

BTW, this is pretty much the answer to your question TC. Most of the cool 'new' features on the Xbone are things you could already do if you had a TV to hook the Xbone up to or have a computer. The only feature it has over the PS4 that is actually worth mentioning is the Kinect stuff.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#53MmaguyPosted 11/24/2013 2:53:23 AM
I was watching TV earlier and my uncle Skyped me, the message popped up onto my TV and all I had to do was say "xbox answer" and it answered his call. We had a nice chat, got to see some wood carving he did, all around good stuff. I hopped into Forza and started my Lotus series, and after 3-4 races and getting my yummy fill of the engine sound, said "xbox snap music", and started the Disturbed Album "Asylum" and it played the whole album while I raced

I cannot do any of that on my PS4, and after having done that on my Xbox One among many other useful things, my XBO is my #1 console of choice right now. I use it daily, even when I'm not playing Forza/KI, I still use it to go to netflix on the fly, to answer skype on the fly, to change my TV when I don't have the controller near me. I was playing with my bird (I have a parrotlet), and my hands were full with him, all I had to do was say "xbox watch comedy central" and it went there. No putting my bird up, no scaring him with the remote (he's scared of it among other things), no having to get up and get it in the first place.. no, I just said watch comedy central and it did.

PS4 runs at 1080p, that's great.. I love graphics as much as the next guy, and it has some great exclusives coming that I can't wait to get my hands on. However, it has been turned off for the most part ever since I got my XBO, and I use my XBO every single day, even when I'm not gaming.
#54yay4pachirisuPosted 11/24/2013 3:09:33 AM
archibald3 posted...
Topic creator is a troll.............yawn

here's what I don't get about these troll topics. This topic should've ended when TC starts arguing against what he asked.
>HDMI pass-through? Man people don't need to pay $100 for that
>Features? We're looking for a gaming console here
>Snap feature? well my TV has picture-in-picture so yes my PS4 (which, in fact, doesn't have this feature) can do this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NR1OD.png
#55dnmtPosted 11/24/2013 3:11:34 AM
mizukage2 posted...
BruceLee1974 posted...
josh924 posted...

What , I can do this with any video game system, even the dreamcast as my TV HAS THAT FEATURE, it's called PICTURE IN PICTURE.

So yes I can do that on my ps4. How is this a feature when a lot of old tv's even have this thing. I'm confused why this is something cool the xbone can do.

BTW, this is pretty much the answer to your question TC. Most of the cool 'new' features on the Xbone are things you could already do if you had a TV to hook the Xbone up to or have a computer. The only feature it has over the PS4 that is actually worth mentioning is the Kinect stuff.

And even then the PS4 has voice controls as well which arguably work even better.
#56-Zelmor-Posted 11/24/2013 3:33:27 AM
Xbone can be used as a weight training equipment
---
Man is not the creature of circumstances. Circumstances are the creatures of man.
#57MurderDethPosted 11/24/2013 3:47:08 AM
damn I love Microsoft products...

but a lot of these XBONE fan boys and really defensive and keep diverting the question...

are you pissed cause you bought into that day one hype??? sounds so

anyway to answer, from what I have seen its all about the snap feature...the ability to watch stuff in the corner of your system without taking away from the game...the ability to pause your game or go away completely and watch say Netflix then come back hours later and pick right back up where you left off....

that's all I can tell you...and im sure it probably could be implemented on ps4 in the future...by the end of this gen these consoles will barely be able to be told apart...it will be same thing...ps4 looks a bit nicer...xbox 360 a bit more user friendly...

that's all
#58Pixx0Posted 11/24/2013 4:55:52 AM
It does silly noises when you insert a disk in the tray.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.
#59LEGEND_725Posted 11/24/2013 5:35:29 AM
Webmaster4531 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Xbox #1

Innovative UI PS4 has this or neither does.
Voice commands PS4 has this granted not for games.
Integrated TV and web browsing No tv but PS4 web browser is faster.
Skype Hmm, I don't know about this.
Innovative hardware that despite being technically inferior to PS3.5 still pumps out better graphics like Ryse and Forza Subjective winners switch from Shadowfall, Mario 3D Land U, BF4, Ryse, and Forza.
Better controller Again different for every person including the new Wii U controller.
Better Exclusives I guess if you really love Forza. Resogun has the highest next gen metacritic.
Still selling close despite being $100 more We'll find out once both go world wide.
Better online Services
Cloud processing Buzz word. Any processing off the console is subject to internet latency.
More sleek design VCR.
Better cooling system Not true at all.
Less faulty No proof on this.
Better online community You spouting lies doesn't seem to suggest this.
Better party chat and friend list system How? Seems the same to me.
Tons of apps and indie support Pftt.
Upgraded Kinect that will add a new twist to Xbox #1 Multiplats

PS3.5
Tiny controller The DS4 is suppose to be bigger than the Xbone Controller
Same console but with better graphics
Nothing innovative UI seems to be innovative if you call not being able to check how much memory is left innovative.
Weak Exclusives (meaningful Exclusives like FF and MGS are now on Xbox #1) Subjective. Resogun has the highest next gen Metacritic.
PSN is weak and often down/hacked Once is not often.
Not selling much better despite being the "bargain" choice for moms and dads on budgets buying for children Time will tell. PS3 beat out Xbox 360 in the end.
VERY FAULTY Not true.
Sony on verge of bankrupt Maybe.

wow this was the weakest attempt to counter point my facts I've ever seen by a ps3.5 fanboy.

wot m8 u dunno about facts? lol
---
if you have accepted Xbox One as your lord and savior and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig. Down with PS3.5
#60Pixx0Posted 11/24/2013 5:45:01 AM
LEGEND_725 posted...
Webmaster4531 posted...
LEGEND_725 posted...
Xbox #1

Innovative UI PS4 has this or neither does.
Voice commands PS4 has this granted not for games.
Integrated TV and web browsing No tv but PS4 web browser is faster.
Skype Hmm, I don't know about this.
Innovative hardware that despite being technically inferior to PS3.5 still pumps out better graphics like Ryse and Forza Subjective winners switch from Shadowfall, Mario 3D Land U, BF4, Ryse, and Forza.
Better controller Again different for every person including the new Wii U controller.
Better Exclusives I guess if you really love Forza. Resogun has the highest next gen metacritic.
Still selling close despite being $100 more We'll find out once both go world wide.
Better online Services
Cloud processing Buzz word. Any processing off the console is subject to internet latency.
More sleek design VCR.
Better cooling system Not true at all.
Less faulty No proof on this.
Better online community You spouting lies doesn't seem to suggest this.
Better party chat and friend list system How? Seems the same to me.
Tons of apps and indie support Pftt.
Upgraded Kinect that will add a new twist to Xbox #1 Multiplats

PS3.5
Tiny controller The DS4 is suppose to be bigger than the Xbone Controller
Same console but with better graphics
Nothing innovative UI seems to be innovative if you call not being able to check how much memory is left innovative.
Weak Exclusives (meaningful Exclusives like FF and MGS are now on Xbox #1) Subjective. Resogun has the highest next gen Metacritic.
PSN is weak and often down/hacked Once is not often.
Not selling much better despite being the "bargain" choice for moms and dads on budgets buying for children Time will tell. PS3 beat out Xbox 360 in the end.
VERY FAULTY Not true.
Sony on verge of bankrupt Maybe.

wow this was the weakest attempt to counter point my facts I've ever seen by a ps3.5 fanboy.

wot m8 u dunno about facts? lol

weak?
Looks to me you got pwned good here. Learn to accept your fails. It's not that hard.
---
You are ignoring XXX message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.