How does the Xbox One failure rate compare to the Xbox 360?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How does the Xbox One failure rate compare to the Xbox 360?
2 years ago#1
Which console had more bricked units during launch? - Results (101 votes)
The Xbox One had way more problems at launch
23.76% (24 votes)
They're both about the same
21.78% (22 votes)
The Xbox 360 had more problems
54.46% (55 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm still a little hesitant buying a new console because things always seem to go wrong. I'm just wondering if there are many defective Xbox Ones out there.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
2 years ago#2
You know, I don't quite remember the 360's launch... but the first few years of it, man were those bad times for the 3 red lights. And once Microsoft finally fixed that problem... the new issue was E74. They never really caught a break until they released the Xbox 360 S.

Ironically, I never had the 3 red lights or E74, but I had an E73 and a few DVD drive failures.
---
i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7
2 years ago#3
It's too early to tell but I would definitely suggest you stay the hell away from the launch batch.
2 years ago#4
FriedLemon posted...
It's too early to tell but I would definitely suggest you stay the hell away from the launch batch.

Right. It doesn't matter which system you get; they both have their fair share of problems.
---
Playing: Hitman HD Trilogy, Last Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
2 years ago#5
Seems like the One is having more problems immediately at launch out of the box, most of the 360 problems were brought on by extended use.
2 years ago#6
RROD didn't manifest at launch if that's what you're getting at so the Xbone probably has a higher failure rate.
2 years ago#7
360:
-RROD
-E74

PS3:
-YLOD

XB1:
-Buzzsaw hard drive
-GSOD

PS4:
-BPOD
-Faulty HDMI port

Don't you miss the days when you bought a game console, and you didn't have to worry about it taking a dump from simply using it?
---
Playing: Hitman HD Trilogy, Last Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
2 years ago#8
FriedLemon posted...

Yeah that might be a good idea. And the 500 GB HD seems a little small seeing as how all installs are mandatory, I may wait for at least 1 TB.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
2 years ago#9
Don't you miss the days when you bought a game console, and you didn't have to worry about it taking a dump from simply using it?

Game consoles used to be MUCH simpler devices.
---
i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7
2 years ago#10
aj4x94 posted...
360:
-RROD
-E74

PS3:
-YLOD

XB1:
-Buzzsaw hard drive
-GSOD

PS4:
-BPOD
-Faulty HDMI port

For PS4 it was actually the cheap ass hdmi cable, not the port itself.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. How does the Xbox One failure rate compare to the Xbox 360?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived