Kotaku - Reports of disc drive problems increasing dramatically

#111Shiro-RedWind-Posted 11/24/2013 2:14:57 AM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
BlackWizardMagus posted...
So, one source gets a few dozen emails about PS4 failures, and the actual number is 10,000+. Let's say they got 50 emails. Now, they got 150 emails about the XBOne, implying the actual number is 30,000+. Meaning they much have sold 3 million just to break even with the PS4. But, this is probably low-balling it. Let's say they've sold 1.5 million PS4s; that would mean the ratio is not 50/10000, but 50/15000, meaning the XBOne would have more like 45,000 failures, meaning they had to sell 4.5 million, just to break even. Now, the XBOne launched in more territories, so another question is, can we reasonably expect an equivalent proportion of people in all those 13 territories to report faliures to the same one guy as the single territory of the PS4? Probably not, though I could be wrong. This would imply that the failure rate would be even higher for the XBOne. Basically, given the facts presented here, the logical conclusion is that the XBOne has a higher failure rate. That doesn't mean it really does, it's all speculative, but that's the conclusion we have to draw from these listed facts, for whatever it's worth.

And before someone says anything, I don't own either system and I'm not going to buy either until more games come out and I see which has the games I want. I frankly don't care who wins, I just thought some people needed help with the deductive reasoning part.

and you forget the important fact that the majority of sony fans would be prone to quietly report their system's failure to sony rather than announce it and sully the name of their god...while many other of the same fans are willing to go onto amazon and whatever other sites they frequent and flood it with false reports of defective xbox ones....which many of them did on these very forums en mass the night of launch and probably still.

xbox Fanboys can be bad, but even they don't have the sheer numbers of sony's hater force.

I want to say I agree but since logic is on my side I do not. if I recall correctly and as I have said several times before I am like displeased with both boards right now; when Sony launched, people were flooding the PS4 board with similar topics, and I can bet that a good portion of the " Failure " reports on Amazon are not all conclusive or verified purchases. In fact, as an Amazon shopper I know that for a fact. So it is just really ridiculous to see the pot calling the kettle black, and that goes for the Xbox side and the Sony side.

Now for those of us who really do not give a flip about the numbers, we know facts, and these facts can't be disputed:

1. The PS4 undeniably sold more units than the Xbox One in NA.
2. The Xbox One has sold over 1million in 13 territories, formerly to have been 21.
3. The Playstation's 2 biggest supporters are the UK and Japan, which they have not sold in yet.
4. They have also not sold to Mexico if I believe which is part of NA if I am also correct.
5. The actual number of failed PS4's was lower than 1% or on 1% regardless that 1% is the prime number here, which makes it a success in terms of electronic failures.
6. The Xbox One is having failure reports spring up all over just like PS4's failure reports.

So with these facts in mind, everybody needs to stop pulling stuff out of their backside and just sit back and enjoy their consoles. Wait for the 29th, let Sony drop the rest of their units, size the numbers up and go back to playing launch titles and waiting for both consoles to flourish.
---
"Gamefaqs doesn't allow Common Sense." - Tifanity
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#112dnmtPosted 11/24/2013 2:15:40 AM
Just a quick correction Shiro, UK is considered to be Xbox territory unlike the rest of Europe. That's what makes the PS4 outselling the Xbone there such a surprise.
#113lazer_licePosted 11/24/2013 2:26:59 AM
You people realize that TC is a wii u fanboy, right? Go stalk the wii u message boards, you'll see him fanboying there sooner than later.

LOL you got trolled by a wii u fanboy!
#114dnmtPosted 11/24/2013 2:28:10 AM
lazer_lice posted...
You people realize that TC is a wii u fanboy, right? Go stalk the wii u message boards, you'll see him fanboying there sooner than later.

LOL you got trolled by a wii u fanboy!

Grown ups are trying to have a worthwhile discussion in this thread, GTFO.
#115NINFanboyPosted 11/24/2013 2:45:31 AM(edited)
WeirdShroom posted...
Also, as the sony ponies are keen to point out when talking sales...ps4 has barely launched anywhere yet...that percentage is going to skyrocket soon.

It seems you have no idea how percentages work.

If you have 10 systems and 1 is broken, failure rate is 10%.

If you have 100 systems and 10 are broken, failure rate is still 10%.

Ever come in contact with basic mathemathics before?
---
The sig that wasn't there...
#116Shiro-RedWind-Posted 11/24/2013 2:45:02 AM
dnmt posted...
Just a quick correction Shiro, UK is considered to be Xbox territory unlike the rest of Europe. That's what makes the PS4 outselling the Xbone there such a surprise.

Ah! Danke for the correction. I was told otherwise, so thank you for that. I wouldn't have known much. I only knew Japan liked Sony and America liked Xbox.
---
"Shiro -Red Wind- slaying posters with the mighty winds of Asgard as usual." - Sage_Han
#117combo88Posted 11/24/2013 2:50:56 AM
WeirdShroom posted...
and you forget the important fact that the majority of sony fans would be prone to quietly report their system's failure to sony rather than announce it and sully the name of their god...while many other of the same fans are willing to go onto amazon and whatever other sites they frequent and flood it with false reports of defective xbox ones....which many of them did on these very forums en mass the night of launch and probably still.

xbox Fanboys can be bad, but even they don't have the sheer numbers of sony's hater force.

From a neutral without either console (or a desire for either at the moment) who has somehow forced himself to read through this terrible thread/other similar threads on this site, the vast majority of immature, nonsensical posters seem to be Xbox fans. That includes you.

Quite frankly the majority of both 'sides' are a complete embarrassment though.
#118PS2 4 LifePosted 11/24/2013 2:53:03 AM
It sucks to buy a new console broken and I hope both Sony and Microsoft get it fixed quickly.

But, in Microsofts defense, a broken disc drive is MUCH better then a PS4 that won't even turn on.

At least you can still download and play games digitally while you wait to exchange a XBox One. With a Blue Lighted PS4, you just get a brick.
---
Games I am looking forward to:Dead Rising 3, Mighty No 9, Tales of Xillia 2
3DS FC: 0404-5580-6237
#119InjusticeRebornPosted 11/24/2013 2:54:27 AM
dnmt posted...

PS4 hasn't been released in the UK yet... I don't understand your statement?
#120Shiro-RedWind-Posted 11/24/2013 2:56:27 AM
InjusticeReborn posted...
dnmt posted...

PS4 hasn't been released in the UK yet... I don't understand your statement?

He was correcting me in that I had the right location (Europe) but not the right section (UK) for the playground of the specific console mentioned.

I mentioned Playstation's backyards were " UK and Japan " but he was kind enough to recorrect me and say that UK is actually Xbox nation. But the PS4 outselling in the UK (Xbox Nation) is what was surprising to people.
---