why doesn't Xbox Have an exclusive set of characters like Playstation?

#1NightMareBunnyPosted 11/24/2013 3:59:17 AM
Characters attached to that brand name are what sells the system it's what that system uses to advertise to the masses

Nintendo Of Course Has The Mario And Zelda Franchises to tap into(plus many many more)

Sony Has Many One Shot Exclusives and other long running games to give themselves a good rotation

but microsoft doesn't really have any exclusive characters aside from Master Chief And The Gears Of War Gang

the rest are either not that good or completely scrapped and forgotten

so really why has microsoft failed to realize that recognizable characters sell a brands name and having a large amount of characters exclusive to your brand helps out a lot in the long run
---
JUS FC:347983426961
Diamond FC:4167-0966-1829
#2FoppePosted 11/24/2013 4:04:38 AM
Microsoft got them, they are just bad at using them.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#3dnmtPosted 11/24/2013 4:05:19 AM
I think Halo 5 will be a rude awakening for MS myself.
#4Xerosnake90Posted 11/24/2013 4:47:34 AM
Why is Halo 5 going to be a rude awakening? It'll be the biggest selling X1 I'm betting and just about everyone and their mother will be playing it.
---
Steam/360GT: Xerosnake90
#5dnmtPosted 11/24/2013 4:51:13 AM
Xerosnake90 posted...
Why is Halo 5 going to be a rude awakening? It'll be the biggest selling X1 I'm betting and just about everyone and their mother will be playing it.

After Halo 4's cold reception, the rise of Titanfall and Gears of War falling off a cliff with Judgement I can't help but remain pessimistic.
#6GnarKillsPosted 11/24/2013 6:09:10 AM
dnmt posted...
Xerosnake90 posted...

After Halo 4's cold reception, the rise of Titanfall and Gears of War falling off a cliff with Judgement I can't help but remain pessimistic.

I think everyone saw the GoW situation coming. Gameplay was stale after the 2nd one and the online play was terrible. Titanfall looks to be amazing but we won't know til it's out. 343 would be smart to release a full remake of Halo 2 first, since that's what it sounds like everyone wants including myself. Halo 5 will still sell millions of copies just because of the name. If they go back to the roots of Halo then it'll be more successful than 4.
---
GT - GnarKills Currently Playing - GTA5, Madden 25(360), CoD Ghosts(360), Ryse, Dead Rising 3, NBA 2K14(X1), Battlefield 4(X1)