Some people are just unlucky! Xbox One problems.

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2013 1:05:32 PM
pacmanreborn88 posted...
gaming has been its biggest last gen and this current gen (xbone, ps4, wii u,). bigger than than the ps2/psx era. some people with nostalgia though, so i can understand.

Yeah, biggest in revenue thanks to everything being released unfinished with paid DLC shoved down consumers throats. That's how Microsoft rolls, never happened until they actually sold enough consoles with the 360 to actually matter in the industry.

Hell, look at the games they have now. Forza 5, spend $60 and turn around and spend another $50, or Killer Instinct. I'm not excited about $100 games.
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#12Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2013 1:07:18 PM
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
XXXRiceWVXXX posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
dnmt posted...
Remember when the PSX and PS2 were for all intents and purposes the only console? Those were actually really good times for gaming.

Exactly, gaming has went to hell since Microsoft joined.

It wasn't that great. On top of that MS had nothing to do with killing gaming. The gamers are to blame for that. We keep spending millions on COD and the rest of the annual games, why would we get anything new or creative.

Microsoft is the one to promote DLC, they're the ones that charged developers for extra content, so in order for the developers to provide even FREE content, they had to pay. Also Microsoft had their policies in place where they forced developers to follow their rules or they could not publish the game on their system;.

Hopefully Microsoft stays in the niche market like they did with the Xbox, not a big enough user base to force developers to do what they want.

The user base was plenty big enough. We as gamers have chose to pay for all this BS so yes we are to blame. As long as WE continue to pay $20 for map packs that should have been in the game to begin with who is going to stop doing it?

Because if you want too complete the game or be competitive you need to buy those extras. It's like watching a movie, but the last 10 minutes is blocked unless you pay, of course you'll pay to finish it.
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#13pacmanreborn88Posted 11/24/2013 1:08:28 PM(edited)
well other companies have followed like sony. they just started chargin for online now and whatnot. maybe you can say that nintendo is the only one that is staying true? but they aren't doing so good with the wii u right now. at least not what they expected.

but this isn't just the companies. this has to do with gamers too. they are the ones buying this stuff. that is why companies continue to put it out.
---
#teamxboxwon
#14dnmtPosted 11/24/2013 1:08:43 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
pacmanreborn88 posted...
gaming has been its biggest last gen and this current gen (xbone, ps4, wii u,). bigger than than the ps2/psx era. some people with nostalgia though, so i can understand.

Yeah, biggest in revenue thanks to everything being released unfinished with paid DLC shoved down consumers throats. That's how Microsoft rolls, never happened until they actually sold enough consoles with the 360 to actually matter in the industry.

Hell, look at the games they have now. Forza 5, spend $60 and turn around and spend another $50, or Killer Instinct. I'm not excited about $100 games.

Correction on Forza 5, if you want absolutely all the cars then it can cost around $2200. Don't you just love microtransactions?
#15Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2013 1:12:43 PM
pacmanreborn88 posted...
well other companies have followed like sony. they just started chargin for online now and whatnot. maybe you can say that nintendo is the only one that is staying true? but they aren't doing so good with the wii u right now. at least not what they expected.

but this isn't just the companies. this has to do with gamers too. they are the ones buying this stuff. that is why companies continue to put it out.

Nintendo knows better than to charge online since it's complete garbage to begin with, but Sony noticed people paying for Xbox Live just to play games, so of course they're going to follow. I PC game and I never have to pay for online, and I get a better online experience than either XBL or PSN, there is no need for a fee, it doesn't cost a lot to maintain servers, nor the cloud. Look at Guild Wars 2, you buy the game and play for free, the servers maintain all the AI of the mobs, and connections of a lot of people, all free after your initial purchase.

Microsoft creates all these things based around greed, Microsoft is the cancer of gaming.
---
#16pacmanreborn88Posted 11/24/2013 1:17:43 PM
doesnt guild wars 2 have microtransactions? also, sony is a big gaming company with a large following, they didn't have to follow microsoft. they wanted that money too though. these businesses want to make money and that is what they are doing, and the gamers continue to buy. pc gaming is different. im just comparing consoles.
---
#teamxboxwon