I know why the disc drives are malfunctioning.

#1masteryashaPosted 11/24/2013 3:41:31 PM
So, Sony developed blu-ray drives, right? I think that Sony gave MS bad drives to make them look bad and keep them from having a good launch. It's the most obvious reason for all of this stuff, and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet.
#2Kenny_the_SharcPosted 11/24/2013 3:44:10 PM
Mine is fine and all of my friends are fine.

Knock on wood.
#3vmufanPosted 11/24/2013 3:44:18 PM
masteryasha posted...
So, Sony developed blu-ray drives, right? I think that Sony gave MS bad drives to make them look bad and keep them from having a good launch. It's the most obvious reason for all of this stuff, and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned it yet.

I've mentioned that before, wondering if MS went with the highest quality drive, or the medium or low quality. after all, most players are going digital, so why spend the extra bucks on a higher quality drive?
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#4DarthvadePosted 11/24/2013 3:47:28 PM
Sony wants MS to use the drive, every one MS uses is a little money in Sonys pocket. Not that Microsoft doesnt squash that little gain with every Sony laptop going out with Windows on it.
---
- Everybody Lies -
#5skermacPosted 11/24/2013 3:49:07 PM
vmufan posted...
masteryasha posted...

I've mentioned that before, wondering if MS went with the highest quality drive, or the medium or low quality. after all, most players are going digital, so why spend the extra bucks on a higher quality drive?

MS paid for high quality drives and Sony is shipping low quality drives. Conspiracy
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#6Reel_Big_MikePosted 11/24/2013 3:49:23 PM
masteryasha posted...
So, Sony developed blu-ray drives, right?

Wrong. Sony is just a member of the Blu-Ray Disc Founders Group. Along with Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung. It's also merely one of 18 members of the Blu-Ray Disc Association. Plus, Sony didn't manufacture the Blu-Ray Drives that are in Xbox One. No one has mentioned this theory b/c it makes literally zero sense.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#7demo_vol1Posted 11/24/2013 3:50:03 PM
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
masteryasha posted...
So, Sony developed blu-ray drives, right?

Wrong. Sony is just a member of the Blu-Ray Disc Founders Group. Along with Panasonic, Pioneer, Philips, Thomson, LG Electronics, Hitachi, Sharp, and Samsung. It's also merely one of 18 members of the Blu-Ray Disc Association. Plus, Sony didn't manufacture the Blu-Ray Drives that are in Xbox One. No one has mentioned this theory b/c it makes literally zero sense.

---
Currently playing Minecraft on my Phone, Xbox and iMac but not Ps3 :'(
PSN/XBL: demo_vol1
#8suzukimatsuiPosted 11/24/2013 3:50:25 PM
masteryasha posted...

Lol... you do know that Sony is not the only ones who manufacture blu-ray drives right? Quit making it sound like a conspiracy, your fanboyism is rearing its ugly head.
#9MousePowahPosted 11/24/2013 3:52:42 PM
Coining it the Disc Drive of Death we should all just start calling it DDOD.

Anyways, customer service has 8-12 hour wait times, some people just get random "hang ups." Don't believe me call customer service.

Best part is it turns out the disc drive error can happen ANYTIME xD. Just because you didn't get a DOA doesn't mean DDOD won't hit you.

I feel BAD for Xbox fans right now @_@
---
Top 10 Metacritic Scores for PS4: 92, 88, 87, 86, 84, 83, 82, 80, 79, 76
Top 10 Metacritic Scores for XB1: 86, 83, 82, 78, 78, 73, 72, 69, 69, 61
#10therickmu25Posted 11/24/2013 3:54:39 PM
vmufan posted...
masteryasha posted...

I own a $12 optical drive for my PC that I installed myself years ago. It plays and burns discs regularly with no issues. A reliable disc drive is very easy to obtain for cheap.
---
Games List: http://i.imgur.com/n5R72Cl.jpg
PC Setup: http://i.imgur.com/fUPqE7N.jpg