At Gamestop a guy trys to return a Xbox One game

#1Ryu XPosted 11/24/2013 4:21:10 PM
This guy was trying to return a opened XB1 game, Madden, because get this it didn't work in his Xbox. Not an Xbox one had an original Xbox. They wouldn't take it back or refund him, they said he could trade it in for $20 the guy started yelling about how they ripped him off.
#2The_BubPosted 11/24/2013 4:23:05 PM
Some people aren't gamers though. I feel kind of bad for the guy honestly.

I think they should have just let him return it...
---
i7-4770K, MSI Z87-GD65, GTX 770, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 1TB HDD, 128GB Samsung SSD, Corsair H100i, Win8
Systems Administrator in the United States Air Force
#3AzaneAzerPosted 11/24/2013 4:23:59 PM
guy was trying to play an Xbox one game in an xbox 1?

I think it's more on Microsoft for such a dumb naming system.
#4Scarlet ArkardPosted 11/24/2013 4:25:46 PM
I have been in Gamestop when fools like these come in. Most times they can hardly speak english.
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."
#5Pantera420xPosted 11/24/2013 4:29:23 PM
Ryu X posted...
This guy was trying to return a opened XB1 game, Madden, because get this it didn't work in his Xbox. Not an Xbox one had an original Xbox. They wouldn't take it back or refund him, they said he could trade it in for $20 the guy started yelling about how they ripped him off.

Just so I understand this correctly..

A guy with an ORIGINAL XBOX, which hasn't had a game in production for years, or a new Madden come out in years, bought an XBOX ONE game, which clearly says XBOX ONE on it, and has different packaging then any other Madden game ever, wants a refund and thinks he was ripped off because he bought a game for the wrong system?

I know we are in an entitlement society, but pay the hell attention, he deserves to get ripped off, what a moron.
#6builder111Posted 11/24/2013 4:35:19 PM
Is it the guys own fault, yes. But 20 bucks for a game he just paid 60 for? And something tells me they knew this guy didn't own an xbone when they sold it to him.
---
caps
#76speednissanPosted 11/24/2013 4:38:22 PM
That's almost as bad as people walking in with 3 games from 5 years ago saying they want to trade them for the new Call do Duty or whatever. They assume it will be a straight up trade since they are giving THREE whole games!
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 11/24/2013 4:40:35 PM
Scarlet Arkard posted...
I have been in Gamestop when fools like these come in. Most times they can hardly speak english.

So? That's even more of reason to try to be understanding. Give the guy a refund, they'll just sell as "NEW" anyways.
---
Save The Last Humans
#9ORANGE666Posted 11/24/2013 4:41:12 PM
This always happens

People trying to play

GBC games on GB
3DS games on DS
WiiU games on Wii

It's because companies don't make it apparent enough that the systems are different

Though I find it hard to believe someone would buy a game in 2013 in think it would work on a 12 year old system?
#10Scarlet ArkardPosted 11/24/2013 4:43:46 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
Scarlet Arkard posted...

So? That's even more of reason to try to be understanding. Give the guy a refund, they'll just sell as "NEW" anyways.

You really think people that come in with opened products are entitled to a full refund?
---
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."