Anyone able to link Comcast cable with Xbox One?

#1sweetbloodsPosted 11/24/2013 5:15:17 PM
I am having trouble with getting the Xbox One to work with my Comcast cable box (Cisco RNG150n). I have done all the trouble-shooting from the Xbox website but nothing has worked. I keep looking for step by step guides hoping I am just missing something simple. Any help?
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#2billsfanno1Posted 11/24/2013 5:22:15 PM
sweetbloods posted...
I am having trouble with getting the Xbox One to work with my Comcast cable box (Cisco RNG150n). I have done all the trouble-shooting from the Xbox website but nothing has worked. I keep looking for step by step guides hoping I am just missing something simple. Any help?

I have the RNG200N and was able to set it up. The auto set up did not work, so I went to manual settings and entered the model number (not Cisco) for my cable box. It worked and appears as ComcastRNG200N.
#3sweetbloods(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 5:30:10 PM
Yeah I am still struggling. During the tv setup were it asks for you to wait for a signal (it says it takes about 12 seconds) is when it stops working. The picture shows up but I know I am suppose to see the show playing and then I get the message saying that my signal was lost. I am using the HDMI wire that came with the cable box. I don't know if that is causing the problem or not.
---
#4TazMan2313Posted 11/24/2013 5:39:56 PM
I got mine to work by going to reset in the cable boxes settings. I was having the same problem as you, and that did the trick for me. You have to reconfigure you're vid settings afterwards, but it's all good now.
---
"Look at the White Shooooeeees!!!!!"
GamerTag: Taz Man 23
#5sweetbloods(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 5:52:55 PM
I don't see reset anywhere in Cable box settings...what is it under?
---
#6sweetbloods(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 6:48:53 PM
So I somehow got it to work...I don't know if this helps but I powered cycled the cable box and then plug the Xbox into HDMI 1 instead of HDMI 2. Then it started working. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue, maybe it will work for them.
---
#7zmousePosted 11/24/2013 6:55:52 PM
Same happened to me just ubplugged hdmi and plugged it in.