Anyone able to link Comcast cable with Xbox One?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone able to link Comcast cable with Xbox One?
2 years ago#1
I am having trouble with getting the Xbox One to work with my Comcast cable box (Cisco RNG150n). I have done all the trouble-shooting from the Xbox website but nothing has worked. I keep looking for step by step guides hoping I am just missing something simple. Any help?
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
2 years ago#2
sweetbloods posted...
I am having trouble with getting the Xbox One to work with my Comcast cable box (Cisco RNG150n). I have done all the trouble-shooting from the Xbox website but nothing has worked. I keep looking for step by step guides hoping I am just missing something simple. Any help?

I have the RNG200N and was able to set it up. The auto set up did not work, so I went to manual settings and entered the model number (not Cisco) for my cable box. It worked and appears as ComcastRNG200N.
2 years ago#3
Yeah I am still struggling. During the tv setup were it asks for you to wait for a signal (it says it takes about 12 seconds) is when it stops working. The picture shows up but I know I am suppose to see the show playing and then I get the message saying that my signal was lost. I am using the HDMI wire that came with the cable box. I don't know if that is causing the problem or not.
---
2 years ago#4
I got mine to work by going to reset in the cable boxes settings. I was having the same problem as you, and that did the trick for me. You have to reconfigure you're vid settings afterwards, but it's all good now.
---
"Look at the White Shooooeeees!!!!!"
GamerTag: Taz Man 23
2 years ago#5
I don't see reset anywhere in Cable box settings...what is it under?
---
2 years ago#6
So I somehow got it to work...I don't know if this helps but I powered cycled the cable box and then plug the Xbox into HDMI 1 instead of HDMI 2. Then it started working. Hopefully if anyone else has this issue, maybe it will work for them.
---
2 years ago#7
Same happened to me just ubplugged hdmi and plugged it in.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Anyone able to link Comcast cable with Xbox One?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived