If MS has to sell the Xbox brand, who would you want it to go to?

#1Dersu_UzalaPosted 11/24/2013 5:39:05 PM
It's become a real possibility. Investors are calling for it to happen, because the brand has been consistently losing money for MS.

Samsung? LG? Apple? Toshiba? Google?
#2xSoldier24xPosted 11/24/2013 5:39:57 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...
It's become a real possibility. Investors are calling for it to happen, because the brand has been consistently losing money for MS.

Sony, nothing like having your competition buy you out.
---
"CAAN YOUU FEEEL THE ENERGY??!!?!!" -Joey, 2013 Ps4 Launch Event, NYC
#3Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 5:41:22 PM
Sony couldn't afford it, and it wouldn't add enough to their existing gaming division to save it.
#4yiangaruuugaPosted 11/24/2013 5:41:45 PM
Google or Samsung would be my top picks
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#5Apex-PlayerPosted 11/24/2013 5:43:42 PM
Nintendo, it could maybe give them life enough to get me back if they started to focus on the mature audience again.
---
PSN/ Comfort_Cat
#6Dersu_Uzala(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 5:44:28 PM
I could maybe see Amazon buying it as well. There's been rumors about them launching their own Ouya-like microconsole.
#7RandomUltraPosted 11/24/2013 5:44:56 PM
Nintendo, just imagine them with better hardware and graphics.
#8TerraUniversePosted 11/24/2013 5:49:26 PM
Dersu_Uzala posted...

Well, if you'd been keeping up with the tech news you would know that Sony just went through the same thing.

Sony is in a much more difficult position than Microsoft is.

It's not an issue of Microsoft not being able to afford it. Microsoft can afford Xbox, because Microsoft is a multi-billion-dollar-making company.

Some investors don't like that consoles are not profitable. They're not profitable for anyone. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all make small amounts of profits, because it takes so much to make the games. In the case of Nintendo, they're very conservative and spend a little, and make some back and then they just do that again and again. With Sony and Microsoft, I think their console brands are more of a way for them to get their name out there.

What's funny is that at this moment Playstation and Xbox are probably the most recognizable part of each company. That's interesting. That's where the value of Playstation and Xbox lie.

A lot of people in Microsoft have stated why they like the Xbox and I think Microsoft will recognize the value of the Xbox. I personally think Xbox is one of the most successful things that Microsoft has done. The Xbox is the leader in the console gaming industry and with how well the reception of the new Xbox One was, I think we can start to see more acceptance of the Xbox brand within Microsoft.

The Xbox One is well-priced as well. Microsoft will have plenty of money to work with, and also I think Xbox Live is more expensive also.

Microsoft benefits from having console and PC gaming, and they both help each other out. You are probably aware that PC gaming is done on Microsoft computers and Microsoft also makes games for PC's. This is an advantage that Microsoft has in the console business as well.

I don't think anyone was expecting the Xbox One to match the 1 million in 1 day feat that the PS4 did. By any measure the Xbox One is definitely still a big player in the console industry. If Microsoft can also attract the casual crowd, they may even be able to make the Xbox One bigger than the Xbox 360 was.
#9Wreck_ChordsPosted 11/24/2013 5:51:07 PM
Steam even though it wouldn't happen lol.
---
GamerTag: Sic DieshinZ
#10attendantTHREEPosted 11/24/2013 5:52:30 PM
Nintendo would destroy the xbox brand. It goes against everything they like to do as a company. They dont care about what the mainstream wants for graphics. They dont care for online gaming. They'd buy ms out, sink the brand, and drag themselves under with the ship. Horrid idea.

A great idea however, would be nintendo games on the ms/sony consoles. Zelda in actual 1080p hd?
---
PSN: TacticalEvac
Defeat isn't so bitter if you sprinkle dirty revenge on it.