If MS has to sell the Xbox brand, who would you want it to go to?

#51embrandedonePosted 11/25/2013 10:50:16 PM
Samsung
---
An all digital future is readily available for PS4. If you wish to download your entire library digitally, you can and its without the anti-consumer bullcrap.
#52ATARIJAWAPosted 11/25/2013 10:52:33 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
GalvatronType_R posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...
Steam even though it wouldn't happen lol.

I think that's Valve. Steam isn't a business entity that can acquire or merge with anyone.

This, Steam is owned by Valve and Valve is a private company, it doesn't have enough money to purchase the Xbox.

Gabe himself is a billionaire. Not Valve, just Gabe himself from his portion of the company. They have plenty of money.
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#53CegenPosted 11/25/2013 10:54:03 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...

I think that's Valve. Steam isn't a business entity that can acquire or merge with anyone.

This, Steam is owned by Valve and Valve is a private company, it doesn't have enough money to purchase the Xbox.

Gabe himself is a billionaire. Not Valve, just Gabe himself from his portion of the company. They have plenty of money.

Gabe is billionaire is stock options, not literally.
---
Gamertag: DarkGremio PSN: Theril
Friend Code: 0791 - 2030 - 5458
#54Sol_DramPosted 11/25/2013 11:00:25 PM
TC you must be a fan of Akira Kurosawa.
Dersu Uzala while not his most well known is still a great movie(well every movie he made is great)!
---
If you find my post disagreeably take no offence i'm probably just bored.
#55aj4x94Posted 11/25/2013 11:03:48 PM
Wal-Mart
---
Playing: Hitman HD Trilogy, Last Survivor, GTA V, Siren Blood Curse, ICO/Shadow of the Colossus, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#56SSBCandidatesPosted 11/25/2013 11:13:47 PM
Toshiba of the ones you mentioned.

But probably Apple.
#57kakoratePosted 11/25/2013 11:24:38 PM
GnarKills posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
TerraUniverse posted...
Dersu_Uzala posted...
It's become a real possibility. Investors are calling for it to happen, because the brand has been consistently losing money for MS.

Samsung? LG? Apple? Toshiba? Google?

Well, if you'd been keeping up with the tech news you would know that Sony just went through the same thing.

Sony is in a much more difficult position than Microsoft is.

It's not an issue of Microsoft not being able to afford it. Microsoft can afford Xbox, because Microsoft is a multi-billion-dollar-making company.

Some investors don't like that consoles are not profitable. They're not profitable for anyone. Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft all make small amounts of profits, because it takes so much to make the games. In the case of Nintendo, they're very conservative and spend a little, and make some back and then they just do that again and again. With Sony and Microsoft, I think their console brands are more of a way for them to get their name out there.

What's funny is that at this moment Playstation and Xbox are probably the most recognizable part of each company. That's interesting. That's where the value of Playstation and Xbox lie.

A lot of people in Microsoft have stated why they like the Xbox and I think Microsoft will recognize the value of the Xbox. I personally think Xbox is one of the most successful things that Microsoft has done. The Xbox is the leader in the console gaming industry and with how well the reception of the new Xbox One was, I think we can start to see more acceptance of the Xbox brand within Microsoft.

The Xbox One is well-priced as well. Microsoft will have plenty of money to work with, and also I think Xbox Live is more expensive also.

Microsoft benefits from having console and PC gaming, and they both help each other out. You are probably aware that PC gaming is done on Microsoft computers and Microsoft also makes games for PC's. This is an advantage that Microsoft has in the console business as well.

I don't think anyone was expecting the Xbox One to match the 1 million in 1 day feat that the PS4 did. By any measure the Xbox One is definitely still a big player in the console industry. If Microsoft can also attract the casual crowd, they may even be able to make the Xbox One bigger than the Xbox 360 was.

Sony is a fine position, the Playstation has recently turned profits and they only bombed on losses due to the cost of the Cell processor. Now the cost of the PS4 to build is $384, that means they're not losing money on the system off the bat!

Sony would cut it's TV, Camera, etc line before it touches the Playstation as those lose more money than the PS

and now about the computers, Microsoft makes absolutely nothing from game sales on the PC, not a dime because companies don't pay a license fee too Microsoft for putting a game out there. The only money they receive is if they sell software.

You do realize $384 is the price just to build the console right? There's more into getting one of the ps4's onto a store shelf then just building it.

Actually, the 384 number includes the entire process to the store shelf. The manufacturing number was somewhere around low 300s. Like, 320 or so.
---
Death is only the beginning.
GT: BmorePride 3DS FC:3797 6408 8140
#58ATARIJAWAPosted 11/25/2013 11:28:41 PM
Cegen posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
Wreck_Chords posted...

Gabe is billionaire is stock options, not literally.

That;s how all billionaires net worth is. You don't think Bill Gate's or Mark Zuckerberg;s money are in banks do you?
---
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105
#59AshernedPosted 11/25/2013 11:32:46 PM
ATARIJAWA posted...

That;s how all billionaires net worth is. You don't think Bill Gate's or Mark Zuckerberg;s money are in banks do you?

The real billionaires are Latin American drug lords. I've seen documentaries from some busted cartel members where they have entire rooms solely to store hard currency from floor to ceiling.
---
There's a simple difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter. Freedom fighters don't kill the people they claim to be fighting for.