Extra profiles (offline for the kids)?

#1andrewb16Posted 11/24/2013 7:14:06 PM
How do I make profiles for my kids without connecting them to an email address? I want to get them set up with their own profiles since we're probably getting them zoo tycoon and/or just dance for Xmas. All I've been able to do is make one for my wife using an email and it makes an online profile. Don't really want the kids to be able to get on live just yet. Anybody know how to do it?
---
(( ) ( ) -MR2- ( ) ( ))
#2andrewb16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 8:27:01 PM
Bump to fight the trolls.
---
(( ) ( ) -MR2- ( ) ( ))
#3jumbocatPosted 11/24/2013 8:32:11 PM
I'm not sure I understand. How are MSFT going to be able to collect important personal information about users if you don't give them an email address and play online all the time? I mean, if you could just make an offline account they wouldn't be able to gather info for surveillance and marketing reasons. Just make new email axcounts for your children for MSFT's sake. You're lucky they even let you make multiple accounts anyway.
---
ED
AC
#4andrewb16(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 10:06:46 PM
Any serious answers out there? I can't be the only one who wants to do this.
---
(( ) ( ) -MR2- ( ) ( ))
#5Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/24/2013 10:11:17 PM
i haven't looked at the kid settings, but can't you set all of their privacy settings to something strict after you make their profile? maybe there is a setting for restricting online access.