PS4 vs Xbox One: THE EXCLUSIVES

#1Man-BoobsPosted 11/24/2013 7:37:14 PM
Hopefully we can keep this discussion civil, of course this being GameFAQs I don't expect it will but I am na´ve enough to try. Normally I don't care much for console fanboyism however in choosing a platform to game on one must compare the 2 consoles and decide which is the console that best suits their needs, it is the same as buying a car, a fridge or a dishwasher, you compare available products on the market and select the one that stands above the rest, it is no different with consoles.

If we are to compare the 2 consoles based on hardware the 2 consoles are fairly equal, the PS4 does come out top however with slightly more powerful hardware however the Xbox One does clock its hardware at slightly higher running speeds in order to try to bridge the gap (though this could also be the cause of the higher fail rate). The Xbox One does however have something that the PS4 does not and that is the Kinnect sensor adding additional functionality to the console, the downside to this however is that it also adds $100 to the price and eats up quite a bit of the Xbox One's processing power meaning that many cross platform titles run at lower resolutions on the Xbox One.

But that being said who here honestly decides what console to buy based on hardware alone? When it comes down to it a console is only as good as the games it can play, so in order to decide which console is most worth our time we must dig into the exclusives, since there seems to be an equal amount of Xbox One fanboys and PS4 trolls on this forum I thought it would be a good place to start so what does each console have to offer in terms of exclusives? Which exclusives interest you the most? And which exclusives do you feel make a certain console a must buy?
#2ThatLaoGuyPosted 11/24/2013 7:45:17 PM
xbone= same ol first party exclusives

ps4= backed by japanese devs on top of first party exclusives.

quality is subjective, but quantity-wise, ps4 will have more console exclusives.
#3motoraptorPosted 11/24/2013 7:46:14 PM
Honestly, in terms of exclusives I feel that Sony exclusives are primarly single player experiences. Yes some of them have multiplayer but the majority of them are built on their single player. Microsoft is the opposite, focusing on multiplayer more. With my PS3 I played through inFamous 1 & 2 and got the platinum trophies within days (the exclusives I played had notoriously easy trophies). The games were a lot of fun but I never played them again.

What brings me back to my video games each day is multiplayer. Yeah I enjoy playing single player but multiplayer provides so much more hours of gameplay that it's hard to turn that down.

Anyway, that's the gist of the direction I feel exclusives are taking. I'm also generalizing, MAG and the Fable series go against what I'm saying.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#4WeirdShroomPosted 11/24/2013 7:49:16 PM
i don't buy purely on software...but as it goes...

The only PS4 launch game that looks like fun to me(aside from multiplats of course) is Knack. Knack is PS4's Kameo(i loved that game).

for Xbox One Killer instinct and Dead Rising 3 are must haves IMO.

Everything else can GTFO or is multiplatform.

Then it comes to soon to come games(announced for 2014)

PS4: Infamous and...well that's it.

One: Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break

Both have a bunch of great looking multiplatform games too.

SO of course Xbox One will be the first of the two I buy...but the buy won't happen for a little while. Get a good handle on what kind of positives and negatives i'm getting into based on fact and not whiny children.
---
GT: BxB402 - " A little trolling now and then is relished by the wisest men."
#5SpecOpszPosted 11/24/2013 7:56:32 PM
I don't think the Kinect should be considered an exclusive because it's an accessory (like the PS4 camera) that Microsoft forced on the consumer.
---
FC: 0705-2744-6085
Current Games: GTA V, Pokemon X, Battlefield 4, AC4, Killzone: Shadow Fall
#6Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2013 7:58:56 PM
WeirdShroom posted...
i don't buy purely on software...but as it goes...

The only PS4 launch game that looks like fun to me(aside from multiplats of course) is Knack. Knack is PS4's Kameo(i loved that game).

for Xbox One Killer instinct and Dead Rising 3 are must haves IMO.

Everything else can GTFO or is multiplatform.

Then it comes to soon to come games(announced for 2014)

PS4: Infamous and...well that's it.

One: Titanfall, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break

Both have a bunch of great looking multiplatform games too.

SO of course Xbox One will be the first of the two I buy...but the buy won't happen for a little while. Get a good handle on what kind of positives and negatives i'm getting into based on fact and not whiny children.

Remove Titanfall from that list.

It's not exclusive to Xbox One
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#7XtremeWRATH360Posted 11/24/2013 8:00:15 PM
If we're buying consoles based on exclusives Nintendo kicks their asses
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag
#8abbeldydooPosted 11/24/2013 8:02:11 PM
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Nintendo actually has the best exclusives on a next gen system currently.
---
Don't mod me bro!
3DSFC - 1993-8344-2623
#9Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/24/2013 8:02:55 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

I'd have to agree with that, almost makes me want to buy a Wii U but going to hang on a bit longer until another price drop on the system
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#10XtremeWRATH360Posted 11/24/2013 8:03:40 PM
abbeldydoo posted...
XtremeWRATH360 posted...

Any doubters need to check out Super Mario 3D World
---
Juan is........NUMBER 1!
XtremeWRATH-Gamertag