Will Microsoft release firmware updates as quick as Sony does?

#1icewolf74Posted 11/24/2013 9:36:08 PM
Sony was pretty quick to release Firmware update 1.50 and 1.51 after the launch of the PS4 and the problems that ensued following the launch. Will Microsoft get on the ball with releasing firmware updates for the Xbox One to make it more stable as quick as Sony did for the PS4 since the Xbox One is experiencing growing pains? Or will they be like Nintendo and wait 3 months for the first system stability update like with the Wii U? How was Microsoft with the Xbox 360 firmware updates? Quick? Slow? Non existent?
#2PhaseBlackPosted 11/24/2013 9:40:55 PM
They have bigger things to worry about like the PS4's launch in Europe this Friday, do you expect them to work on an update when they are getting ulcers from that stress they are under?
---
PSVita & 3DS
#3skermacPosted 11/24/2013 9:43:10 PM
Email MS and ask them if they will do updates quickly, none of us work for MS so there is no way anyone on Gamefaqs can answer your question TC.
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#4icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:45:18 PM
skermac posted...
Email MS and ask them if they will do updates quickly, none of us work for MS so there is no way anyone on Gamefaqs can answer your question TC.

But people should be familiar with their Xbox 360 firmware updates, right? I don't know how often Microsoft releases firmware updates since I didn't own an Xbox 360. Surely, Microsoft will continue doing with the Xbox One like with what they did with the Xbox 360, so people who had that system should know...I think. :)
#5ValimerPosted 11/24/2013 9:48:25 PM
icewolf74 posted...
skermac posted...

But people should be familiar with their Xbox 360 firmware updates, right? I don't know how often Microsoft releases firmware updates since I didn't own an Xbox 360. Surely, Microsoft will continue doing with the Xbox One like with what they did with the Xbox 360, so people who had that system should know...I think. :)

Well for what it's worth the 360 didn't require that many updates. The largest ones were UI and feature updates but yes, they patched regularly when it was necessary.
---
Sent from my iPhone.
#6icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2013 9:50:20 PM
Valimer posted...
icewolf74 posted...
skermac posted...

Well for what it's worth the 360 didn't require that many updates. The largest ones were UI and feature updates but yes, they patched regularly when it was necessary.

Awesome! That's all I wanted to know. I guess we can be expecting a firmware update before the end of December then since there are obviously OS issues still abundant in the Xbox One.