My Target has had 4 broken systems come back already. How bad is this?

#1MlREFOXPosted 11/25/2013 1:09:16 PM
I picked up a PS4 today at Target and they tried to sell me a service plan. I declined, and the guy said something along the lines of, "PS4 has reported problems, but at least this isn't an XBox One. We've had four broken Ones returned already." I was thinking of picking up a One as well as the PS4, but I'm pretty hesitant at the moment. Four from one store? How widespread are the problems, really, or do we not know?
#2blacklabelicePosted 11/27/2013 9:50:52 AM
man the lies kids come up with these days on gamefaqs. its like they dont even try anymore.
#3godslayer61Posted 11/27/2013 9:55:03 AM
blacklabelice posted...
man the lies kids come up with these days on gamefaqs. its like they dont even try anymore.

I just got my x1 and there was a guy returning a broken one so I doubt he is lying , they are out there. I am luck my x1 and ps4 work pefect.
---
ps3-ps4-vita-psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live (360, xbox one)-kish1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925----http://www.twitch.tv/kish1975
#4bob15xPosted 11/27/2013 9:55:22 AM
MlREFOX posted...
I picked up a PS4 today at Target and they tried to sell me a service plan. I declined, and the guy said something along the lines of, "PS4 has reported problems, but at least this isn't an XBox One. We've had four broken Ones returned already." I was thinking of picking up a One as well as the PS4, but I'm pretty hesitant at the moment. Four from one store? How widespread are the problems, really, or do we not know?

and my eb has had no xbox ones returned but has had many ps4s come back broken. How bad is this?
#5lilj812Posted 11/27/2013 9:55:23 AM
blacklabelice posted...

What makes you assume that he's outright lying?

While I don't think the conversation went exactly that way, that could have been a major point of the conversation that stuck with him so he posted about it. Especially since there are all the reports out there.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#6blacklabelicePosted 11/27/2013 10:00:14 AM(edited)
i love it when i walk into a used car dealership to buy a new car and every time i go to buy a car, the salesman tells me something that wont make me buy it. "oh dont worry. we've only had about 12 of those returned. oh you dont want that! something breaks down every month"

its even worse when i go to burger king to get some nasty fast food. "Oh you dont want that. theres too much fat in it. Go over there to the quality greens supermarket and get something healthy. instead " yeah....that would be the last shift he ever worked.

of course, theres always the odd person who might actually tell you stuff like that, who knows, but when your throwing in TMI and making sure you deliver some kind of point about buying a PS4 in the thread, yeah. it smells fishy

*walked into target to buy xbone*

*store clerk told me it was crap*

*walked out with a ps4 instead*

yeah.. i dont know. i dont really care either way it just seems far fetched. most people working in retail dont really give a rats ass what random people buy enough to try to fill them in on every last little thing, including company stuff that really they have no business disclosing in the first place.
#7lilj812Posted 11/27/2013 10:03:53 AM
blacklabelice posted...
i love it when i walk into a used car dealership to buy a new car and every time i go to buy a car, the salesman tells me something that wont make me buy it. "oh dont worry. we've only had about 12 of those returned. oh you dont want that! something breaks down every month"

its even worse when i go to burger king to get some nasty fast food. "Oh you dont want that. theres too much fat in it. Go over there to the quality greens supermarket and get something healthy. instead " yeah....that would be the last shift he ever worked.

of course, theres always the odd person who might actually tell you stuff like that, who knows, but when your throwing in TMI and making sure you deliver some kind of point about buying a PS4 in the thread, yeah. it smells fishy

*walked into target to buy xbone*

*store clerk told me it was crap*

*walked out with a ps4 instead*

yeah.. i dont know. i dont really care either way it just seems far fetched. most people working in retail dont really give a rats ass what random people buy enough to try to fill them in on every last little thing, including company stuff that really they have no business disclosing in the first place.

Reread the first post. The store clerk was trying to sale him a warranty for his PS4 and mentioned the xbox one's being returned as a REASON to get the warranty. What you are talking about in your post here is all wrong.
---
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87
#8blacklabelicePosted 11/27/2013 10:06:59 AM
wish i had a target around here. i could probably just walk in there ya know and pick up a ps4 right off the shelves. theyre not really that popular. maybe also an xbox one. i shouldnt have any kind of problems with that.
#9lilj812Posted 11/27/2013 10:08:22 AM
blacklabelice posted...
wish i had a target around here. i could probably just walk in there ya know and pick up a ps4 right off the shelves. theyre not really that popular. maybe also an xbox one. i shouldnt have any kind of problems with that.

YEP! PC master race all day!!
---
"Worlds best heel"
#10blacklabelicePosted 11/27/2013 10:10:02 AM
im not a huge pc gamer or nothing but now for some reason that 'pc master race' phrase kind of makes me chuckle every time i see it