Xbox One and TiVo - Question

#1Re7elaTioNPosted 11/25/2013 1:33:21 PM
I'm still on the fence on which system to get (leaning PS4, but could be swayed back to XBO), but I was wondering if anyone has hooked up a TiVo (Premiere HD preferably) to their XBO.

1. Does it work well/at all?

2. Do you have a cable/satellite subscription or do you use OTA?
2b. If you use OTA, does that work/use the XBO guide/etc?

3. Can you access your recorded shows with the controller or do you have to use the TiVo remote?

4. Does the TiVo enjoy listening to its new Kinect Overlord?

Any help answering these would be greatly appreciated.
---
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought."
#2Re7elaTioN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 12:16:08 PM
Nobody uses TiVo?

:(
---
"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought."
#3JayLJohnstonPosted 11/26/2013 12:27:18 PM
I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I have a Tivo but haven't hooked it up to the One yet.
---
Am I leaking?
#4thorisPosted 11/26/2013 12:51:30 PM
TC....I have Cable/TIVO running through my XBO and it works without a hitch. You will need to setup your TV and TIVO box through via settings, which took me about 5 minutes max.

Something odd happened after I setup my TV and TIVO...I'm receiving a much better image quality on my cable channels!!! This leads me to believe that TIVO wasn't doing a great job at providing HD quality as I was told it would when I ordered my service.

The reason I mentioned this is because I have read numerous threads stating that their picture quality was downgraded....Go figure.

Thanks
#5regsantotomasPosted 11/26/2013 1:17:44 PM
1. Does it work well/at all?

It works. There seems to be a momentary delay when accessing recorded content which may or may not be related to the HDCP handshake.

2. Do you have a cable/satellite subscription or do you use OTA?
2b. If you use OTA, does that work/use the XBO guide/etc?

I use cable and no OTA

3. Can you access your recorded shows with the controller or do you have to use the TiVo remote?

You have to use your Tivo remote or use a universal remote like I do that you can also program Xbox One commands

4. Does the TiVo enjoy listening to its new Kinect Overlord?

At night I swear I hear subtle weeping. :)
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#6Re7elaTioN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 1:29:16 PM
Thanks thoris and regsantotomas for your feedback. Still unsure I want to spend the extra $100, but knowing it plays nicely with TiVo does help.

I just need my OTA question answered...
---
#7AdamVonDoomPosted 11/26/2013 10:35:30 PM
I have my premier 4 tivo hooked up and it works pretty nice. On occasion I get a bit of audio and/or visual lag when navigating through menus but it's nothing that can't be fixed via a patch.
---
PSN: AdamVonDoom
Xbox GT: Adam Von Doom
#8Re7elaTioN(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 10:48:31 AM
New questions.

Can you play/pause your TiVo (live and DVR'd shows) with Kinect voice commands?

What about fast forward/rewind?
---