will fallout 4 be better on xboxone or ps4?

#91DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/27/2013 8:13:40 AM
Man-Boobs posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Man-Boobs posted...
Well there are quite a few factors we need to take into consideration, PS4 does have superior hardware and is able to make better use of it due to not having to devote resources to running a spy camera thus pretty much most cross platform games are able to run smoother and at higher resolutions on the PS4 however Bethesda has been known to heavily favour Microsoft when it comes to patches, DLC and support, you also have the Kinect which at this point is unknown whether it will be used in Fallout 4 at all.

As for the answer to which platform will be best for Fallout 4 it is quite simple.

PC

DesperateMonkey posted...
mizukage2 posted...
Assuming it isn't super glitchy on the Xbone because Bethesda is garbage tier when it comes to coding at the best of times, let alone when trying to accommodate unusual architecture that departs from the PC base they use. Their games were more liable to glitch up on the PS3 for a reason, and this generation it is the Xbone that is nonstandard with its juggling between the larger but slower DDR3 ram and the smaller but faster ESram (or is it Eram?).

Sorry but Bethesda is an amazing developer.

Sorry but no mizukage2 is right, not exactly sure how Bethesda earned the title of "amazing developer" but the team does seem to struggle with things that are child's play for more competent development teams, for instance ladders.

Looking at their games from an objective stance there is nothing about their games that can really be considered good, the only real noteworthy thing about their games is that they are really really big which I am not exactly sure how this equates to great game design. Sure there is a lot to do but none of it is really of a high standard, in short the Elder Scrolls games (and Fallout 3) are little more than the video game equivalent of the cheap all you can eat buffet, sure there is a lot of food but none of it is particularly appetising especially when you find a cockroach in your mac and cheese.

Wait, how is that Objective? Objectively they have the most detailed environments in the industry. In fact, they pioneered the idea of "environmental storytelling" (The player learns the story/history of the area he's in by exploring it, rather than being told straight up). Literally every single little empty beer can, burned book, bottlecap, etc...is hand placed for a reason. For games are large as Bethesda's, this is pretty amazing.

First off that is subjective, not objective, secondly they pioneered nothing as "environmental storytelling" has always been a core pillar of video game (and P&P game) storytelling and thirdly I would much rather they focus more on better gameplay, quest design and storytelling than inconsequential details like where every individual empty beer can is going to be placed.

No one gives a **** what you would prefer. Bethesda games isn't missing fans for its type of gameplay and there is no reason to change it for you. You don't address the real question, and thats how any other developer does anything even remotely close the Bethesda.

Your previous post isn't even worth responding to. You say I don't make any actual arguments and just attack people even though I already listed reasons that people ignore and people like you continue to ignore. You probably are lying out of your ass since the only wRPG you know is one of the most famous ones ever. Every tried 3D games? Vampire Masquerade or Gothic? These games are tiny too.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#92Man-BoobsPosted 11/27/2013 9:16:48 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
No one gives a **** what you would prefer. Bethesda games isn't missing fans for its type of gameplay and there is no reason to change it for you. You don't address the real question, and thats how any other developer does anything even remotely close the Bethesda.

Your previous post isn't even worth responding to. You say I don't make any actual arguments and just attack people even though I already listed reasons that people ignore and people like you continue to ignore. You probably are lying out of your ass since the only wRPG you know is one of the most famous ones ever. Every tried 3D games? Vampire Masquerade or Gothic? These games are tiny too.

But you dont make any real arguments, you still arent making any real arguments and continue to launch childish attacks and baseless accusation. The only argument you have made so far as to why Bethesda is a good developer was that their games have a lot of content which I have already addressed, yes I know Skyrim offers 300 hours of content but that means nothing when most of it is the same copy and pasted fetch quests repeated over and over again, a developer can put as much content in their games as they like however this doesnt mean a thing if the content they provide isnt interesting or fun to play.

Of the 2 of us I havent attacked anyone in this thread, I am not the one making baseless accusations due to a lack of valid arguments, as for Vampire the Masquerade I have played it and while I dont quite think it is as great as some make it out to be (personally consider it the poor man's Deus Ex which is also one of my favorite games) I do feel that there is quite a bit that even it could teach Bethesda, namely if you are going to allow players to play as different races then you should at least try to make them have a significant effect on gameplay and NPC interaction.