Snap TV is a bit disappointing

#1x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 11/26/2013 7:56:26 AM
Its as if the Xbox can't fully handle gaming and snapping the TV. The television part of it was choppy and not the quality Microsoft has led us to believe. Everything is fine in full screen mode but playing Forza 5 while the Blackhawks game was on in the corner was great to do but choppy.

Anyone else seen this? Kind of annoying when you're watching something as fast as hockey.
#2SythisTaruPosted 11/26/2013 7:57:18 AM
It doesn't effect frame rate. I think it was a psychological problem on your end.
#3krystylaPosted 11/26/2013 7:57:21 AM
Are you perhaps in Europe?
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#4x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 7:59:22 AM
SythisTaru posted...
It doesn't effect frame rate. I think it was a psychological problem on your end.

Psychological? No, not by a long shot. It was obviously a problem and it continued for a few seconds after I went full screen. Hockey is such a fast paced game you would notice the flaws here if it happened to you.

And I'm in the USA so I'm not affected by that 50 Hz issue.
#5SythisTaruPosted 11/26/2013 8:00:18 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...

Psychological? No, not by a long shot. It was obviously a problem and it continued for a few seconds after I went full screen. Hockey is such a fast paced game you would notice the flaws here if it happened to you.

Hmm..I see. Denial is the first step in the process.
#6x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 8:03:40 AM
SythisTaru posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...

Are you just messing around or are you some sort of "Microsoft can do no wrong" fanboy? Seriously there is a problem and it only happens while in snap mode.
#7krystylaPosted 11/26/2013 8:05:57 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...

Are you just messing around or are you some sort of "Microsoft can do no wrong" fanboy? Seriously there is a problem and it only happens while in snap mode.

There really is a problem and that is European channels broadcasting in 50hz and not 60hz for some reason
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#8x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 8:08:05 AM
krystyla posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...

There really is a problem and that is European channels broadcasting in 50hz and not 60hz for some reason

Yeah, I'm @ 60 Hz in the USA and as I said its only SNAP. Regular TV works great.
#9dementedlullabyPosted 11/26/2013 8:10:10 AM
I haven't tried Snap TV yet but I snapped Netflix with my Laptop plugged in. Playing Zelda : ALTTP with Motion Joy and the Dualshock 3 while watching Netflix snapped? GLORIOUS. The lag is probably noticeable for newer/more twitch games but it was perfectly fine for ALTTP.

Just some silly fun obviously. I remember playing SNES back during the golden age of rpgs. Never in my wildest dreams would I of thought up of something like the XB1 delivers. It's pretty neat.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie
#10SythisTaruPosted 11/26/2013 8:13:54 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
I haven't tried Snap TV yet but I snapped Netflix with my Laptop plugged in. Playing Zelda : ALTTP with Motion Joy and the Dualshock 3 while watching Netflix snapped? GLORIOUS. The lag is probably noticeable for newer/more twitch games but it was perfectly fine for ALTTP.

Just some silly fun obviously. I remember playing SNES back during the golden age of rpgs. Never in my wildest dreams would I of thought up of something like the XB1 delivers. It's pretty neat.

Wait!? How you play those heathen console/games on the Xbox!?