Snap TV is a bit disappointing

#11x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 9:14:24 AM
dementedlullaby posted...
I haven't tried Snap TV yet but I snapped Netflix with my Laptop plugged in. Playing Zelda : ALTTP with Motion Joy and the Dualshock 3 while watching Netflix snapped? GLORIOUS. The lag is probably noticeable for newer/more twitch games but it was perfectly fine for ALTTP.

Just some silly fun obviously. I remember playing SNES back during the golden age of rpgs. Never in my wildest dreams would I of thought up of something like the XB1 delivers. It's pretty neat.

Sounds like fun! :)
#12x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 9:15:19 AM
SythisTaru posted...
I haven't tried Snap TV yet but I snapped Netflix with my Laptop plugged in. Playing Zelda : ALTTP with Motion Joy and the Dualshock 3 while watching Netflix snapped? GLORIOUS. The lag is probably noticeable for newer/more twitch games but it was perfectly fine for ALTTP.

Just some silly fun obviously. I remember playing SNES back during the golden age of rpgs. Never in my wildest dreams would I of thought up of something like the XB1 delivers. It's pretty neat.

Wait!? How you play those heathen console/games on the Xbox!?

Laptop + Emulator. Then Netflix SNAP to Xbox.
#13krystylaPosted 11/26/2013 9:15:34 AM
SythisTaru posted...

Wait!? How you play those heathen console/games on the Xbox!?

He plugged his laptop into the hdmi in port
---
FC: 4227 - 1514- 7752 IGN:Mara
PSN: JudasInHell
#14bob15xPosted 11/26/2013 9:15:41 AM
how do you change which window you are controlling. I tried to play battlefield while watching netflix but I could not operate battlefield.
#15Reflex-ArcPosted 11/26/2013 9:18:28 AM
bob15x posted...
how do you change which window you are controlling. I tried to play battlefield while watching netflix but I could not operate battlefield.

Double tap the Xbox button on the controller.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#16x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 9:19:16 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
bob15x posted...

Double tap the Xbox button on the controller.

Or say Xbox Switch. Both work.
#17adonfrazPosted 11/26/2013 9:30:20 AM
I had the same problem then I switched the HDMI cable I was using to connect my cable to the X1 and it worked perfectly.
---
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst - *I'm currently hunting down Dew/Doritos Every2minutes Codes*
I would greatly appreciate it if anyone PMs me spare codes
#18xninjagrrlPosted 11/26/2013 9:34:21 AM
Snap TV is dumb and clogs up a large chunk of the screen only to let you view tv in a tiny window of it. PIP on a tv is much better.
---
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
#19bob15xPosted 11/26/2013 9:40:05 AM
xninjagrrl posted...
Snap TV is dumb and clogs up a large chunk of the screen only to let you view tv in a tiny window of it. PIP on a tv is much better.

PIP takes extra setup though. They idea of snap is good if it works. Have to test it out more. It may just not be so efficient running to media events.
#20PsychoDrama1Posted 11/26/2013 9:41:32 AM
It's possible that snap tv might suck, but it's a reality that the Chicago Blackhawks are the best hockey team in North America. Did you see them blitz the Oilers TC? The cup stays with Chicago this season.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals