Snap TV is a bit disappointing

#31BigSnappaXPosted 11/26/2013 9:21:33 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Its as if the Xbox can't fully handle gaming and snapping the TV. The television part of it was choppy and not the quality Microsoft has led us to believe. Everything is fine in full screen mode but playing Forza 5 while the Blackhawks game was on in the corner was great to do but choppy.

Anyone else seen this? Kind of annoying when you're watching something as fast as hockey.

i stopped reading at "Hockey" 0_o

Goodbye.
---
XBGT: Snappa || PSN: SnappaX
~ Love, Not War... Cant we all just.... GET ALONG??!!?? ~
#32mrshowtime333Posted 11/26/2013 9:48:09 AM
Yea Snapped TV is choppy for sure.

Not quite sure why that is. Its just a pass through signal. Shouldnt be resource intensive. Im guessing its a software issue. I expect it to get better as we go forward. Remember when Wired did a video of the feature back when Xbox was announced? It was WAY worse then, even crashed. So it has improved.

They also need to add a option to mute either the game or the tv. worthless playing both audio streams.
#33x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 9:57:42 AM
PsychoDrama1 posted...
I think it's also very possible that because of how poor things have been for other Chicago sports teams (bears, rose+bulls), the Xbox One wasn't properly calibrated for the lightning speed and finesse of the Hawks. Once Toews majestically launched past the defenders and scored a breakaway short handed goal, the live feed simply couldn't recover.

You may be onto something. Toews basically flew right by that whole line. Like hello thank you bye all in one go.
#34x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 9:59:29 AM
mrshowtime333 posted...
Yea Snapped TV is choppy for sure.

Not quite sure why that is. Its just a pass through signal. Shouldnt be resource intensive. Im guessing its a software issue. I expect it to get better as we go forward. Remember when Wired did a video of the feature back when Xbox was announced? It was WAY worse then, even crashed. So it has improved.

They also need to add a option to mute either the game or the tv. worthless playing both audio streams.

True, I just hope its fixed because it's a way for me to play with friends and still see/hear the game. I could do PiP but that covers the HUD and/or I can't have sound on both. Hockey is such a fast sport its nice to hear the announcers when you're multi tasking.
#35TheBorderColliePosted 11/26/2013 10:08:13 AM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
Its as if the Xbox can't fully handle gaming and snapping the TV. The television part of it was choppy and not the quality Microsoft has led us to believe. Everything is fine in full screen mode but playing Forza 5 while the Blackhawks game was on in the corner was great to do but choppy.

Anyone else seen this? Kind of annoying when you're watching something as fast as hockey.

Not sure what you're talking about....I've watched a couple hockey games in snapped mode while playing games. No framerate issues whatsoever in either the video game or the TV broadcast.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
Annoy a domestic terrorist....VOTE!
#36x1STP_KLOSRx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 10:30:45 AM
TheBorderCollie posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

Not sure what you're talking about....I've watched a couple hockey games in snapped mode while playing games. No framerate issues whatsoever in either the video game or the TV broadcast.

So one person other then me has noticed it And others haven't. Oh well, seems like an odd issue but what can I do? I'll just wait it out.
#37brownmysterPosted 11/26/2013 11:12:54 AM
The snap TV function works great for me. I played forza while watching the Dallas game. Both were smooth
#38Hierarchy225Posted 11/26/2013 12:56:31 PM
SythisTaru posted...
It doesn't effect frame rate. I think it was a psychological problem on your end.

Good lord. Are some of you Xbox fans this shameless/insecure?
---
Official Stealth Rock of the Pokemon X Board
3DS Friend Code 1993-7813-6870 / Ice Safari: Snorunt, Bergminte, Dewgong
#39iNoeticPosted 11/26/2013 3:18:35 PM
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...

lol... Blackhawks.
---
ive known enough people who had bad pregnancies to know its a 50-50 shot until the kids born. In spirit of the board you could buy used and adopt - tigerslashII
#40ValimerPosted 11/26/2013 3:29:06 PM
SythisTaru posted...
x1STP_KLOSRx posted...
SythisTaru posted...
It doesn't effect frame rate. I think it was a psychological problem on your end.

Psychological? No, not by a long shot. It was obviously a problem and it continued for a few seconds after I went full screen. Hockey is such a fast paced game you would notice the flaws here if it happened to you.

And I'm in the USA so I'm not affected by that 50 Hz issue.

Hmm..I see. Denial is the first step in the process.

Good to see you are taking accountability.
---
Sent from my iPhone.