DayZ is going to be exclusive to PS4?! WTF!

#1Saintx13Posted 11/26/2013 12:45:59 PM
While I wait for my replacement console (had the disc drive problem for those that didn't see my launch day post) I have been reading about different games coming out. I had heard that DayZ was going to be released on next-gen but then I started reading that Dean Hall (the creator) has already met with Sony and that it will be exclusive to the PS4 and PC?

Is this true? This was one of the games I was REALLY looking forward to playing on a console.
#2Ch3wyPosted 11/26/2013 12:47:10 PM
It's not ever coming out, it was due last winter.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#3VRViperIIPosted 11/26/2013 12:47:39 PM
If you want to play old PC games on console you should get a ps4. Good thing it's only $400!
---
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rheagar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Valar Morghulis
#4DeadLock25Posted 11/26/2013 12:49:37 PM
Where is the article saying this?

He did say a while before the announcement of either console, that he liked SONY's policy of not charging for updates or requiring a publisher because it allows him to patch his game, something he thinks is essential to DayZ's success. He said he liked this policy a lot more than MS's version, which did not adhere to the same principles at the time.

However, with MS now having the same exact policy (no publisher, and no paying for updates) on both 360 and X1, I dont see any reason why he would keep it exclusive to one console. The above was his only issue, and well, the issue is now gone.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pkmn Y IGN: Pasha || TSV: 2535 ||Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#5Saintx13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 12:49:54 PM
I already have bought an XBOX One. What is up with the trolls on this forum?

As for Day Z, it's still in development. I'm talking about the standalone, not the MOD. Based on your wording Watch Dogs will be an outdated game because it didn't make it's release date?

Dean Hall is a perfectionist when it comes to his games, that cannot be denied. Not many MODs have been known to sell a million copies for the game it was used to mod from.
#6Saintx13(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2013 12:51:20 PM
I specifically read a Q&A from him on Reddit. I found it easily on Google. He said he was very impressed with Sony's offer and that he felt their way of thinking wouldn't only benefit DayZ but also possibly bring ARMA to the console as well.
#7Ch3wyPosted 11/26/2013 12:52:41 PM
I think ARMA's controls are too complicated to fit on a gamepad.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#8Bikes-Posted 11/26/2013 12:55:23 PM
VRViperII posted...
If you want to play old PC games on console you should get a ps4. Good thing it's only $400!

A game that's not even out yet is old?
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#9bessy67Posted 11/26/2013 12:56:29 PM
Saintx13 posted...
I specifically read a Q&A from him on Reddit. I found it easily on Google. He said he was very impressed with Sony's offer and that he felt their way of thinking wouldn't only benefit DayZ but also possibly bring ARMA to the console as well.

How old was this post you found? Because everything I found is from May/June and seems to say the only thing keeping DayZ off of X1 is no self publishing and high patch fees, which are now gone.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#10bessy67Posted 11/26/2013 12:58:03 PM
Bikes- posted...
VRViperII posted...

A game that's not even out yet is old?

It's not out as a stand-alone game, but the ARMA mod has been out for over a year.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67