I hate having to put discs in to play.

#151BlacknGold86Posted 11/27/2013 3:23:41 AM
That's what you get for buying a xbone TC.
---
Friends: 74/250 My hideout: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563883-5th-gear A board committed to *gasp* VIDEO GAMES! (and randomness :P)
#152yiangaruuugaPosted 11/27/2013 3:31:30 AM
1) External HDD usage will negate the limited HDD installed on the XB1

2) A majority (I'd estimate 75%) will not go back to an old system and play it. Especially in 10-15 years when there is a new next-gen. So that whole argument about lost data is practically useless.

3) I'm sure the next-gen after this will be BC since the console industry moved to 64-bit architecture.

4) If DRM was in place, I'm pretty sure MS had plans to have digital content priced similarly to how Steam priced their content seeing how most costs associated with disks are licenses and the manufacturing/distribution process. (People will say MS won't do that because they're greedy, blah blah blah).

5) Used game sales are not the lifeblood of the industry. Used games makes money for the business, and not for the developers who need it so they can, well, develop. I am guilty of saying that 80% of my purchases are used games.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#153BlacknGold86Posted 11/27/2013 3:41:18 AM(edited)
yiangaruuuga posted...
1) External HDD usage will negate the limited HDD installed on the XB1

2) A majority (I'd estimate 75%) will not go back to an old system and play it. Especially in 10-15 years when there is a new next-gen. So that whole argument about lost data is practically useless.

3) I'm sure the next-gen after this will be BC since the console industry moved to 64-bit architecture.

4) If DRM was in place, I'm pretty sure MS had plans to have digital content priced similarly to how Steam priced their content seeing how most costs associated with disks are licenses and the manufacturing/distribution process. (People will say MS won't do that because they're greedy, blah blah blah).

5) Used game sales are not the lifeblood of the industry. Used games makes money for the business, and not for the developers who need it so they can, well, develop. I am guilty of saying that 80% of my purchases are used games.

1- agreed.

2- lol I still bust out the N64 once in a while. I don't know about others though.

3- I'd like to agree, but this is Micro$oft.

4- see #3.

5- true, but they DO make up a sizable percentage of sales. Not all, but most IMO. Xbone will be no different once its been out a year or two. Feel free to quote me when it happens.

6- there is no six. Why are you still reading?

EDIT: sorry, misread #2 at first.
---
Friends: 74/250 My hideout: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/563883-5th-gear A board committed to *gasp* VIDEO GAMES! (and randomness :P)
#154CaIiber345Posted 11/27/2013 3:45:25 AM
Anyone that thinks Microsoft would go to a Steam-inspired price model for content on Xbox Live is delusional. I'm an idiot when it comes to business, and even I understand the stranglehold on pricing that Microsoft enjoys in its closed digital marketplace.
---
Playstation 4, Xbox 360
PSN: Caliber345 Random requests get ignored.
#155GotTruthPosted 11/27/2013 3:45:44 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#156InfernalDranzerPosted 11/27/2013 3:54:41 AM
Problems of a spoiled world.
#157ljobenzaPosted 11/27/2013 3:56:48 AM
Seriously, first world problems.
#158GotTruthPosted 11/27/2013 3:58:09 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...

Straight up Mario Kart 64 Tournaments every Fri or Sat (depends on the kids schedules) at My place! For like 5 years running even.......started as a weekend party started in College and just never stopped.

We even broke out the Donkey Konga! a few weekends ago.

Sometime the old games are fun to come back too. And, at least in my house The KIDS do NOT get to play with the CD/DVD based systems until they are old enough to demonstrate they can handle discs without destroying them, as well as old enough to handle the more realism/graphic nature of the games. Gotta learn to take care of your things EARLY mate, I tell them; Keep you cartridges clean, stacked, organized, THEN when you are responsible enough you get to try out the PS1&2 and the dream cast with the same rules. Discs start getting scratched and its back to cartridges.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#159ShuraYukihimePosted 11/27/2013 3:58:23 AM
ljobenza posted...
Seriously, first world problems.

Also second and third world problems.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#160liamx2000Posted 11/27/2013 4:14:29 AM
fuzzdaman posted...
So annoying considering they are fully installed.
Might have to stick to digital downloads only.

God forbid you actually get off your butt and move for a few seconds.
afraid of breaking a sweat ?