I hate having to put discs in to play.

#161RevenancedPosted 11/27/2013 4:26:06 AM
I do enjoy digital download a lot. You dont have to keep track of your discs or have a bunch of cases sitting around collecting dust (though sometimes they do look cool). However I wouldnt say I hate to buy a physical copy. Nor do I dislike having to load a disc manually. That's just silly.
---
-[Supporter of PS4][Xbox 360 User][FF Fan][Tales of Fan][Black Ops Fan][Elder Scrolls Fan]-
-- Xbox Live Gamertag: RevenanceSLC
#162BirgitteSilverPosted 11/27/2013 4:28:47 AM
boolzero posted...
I was one of the few that was actually for the idea. To me it makes sense and was forward thinking, or rather a step in brining console gaming up to speed with everything else including PC. Steam received that same resistance but now they account for close to 80% of PC game sales... Go figure. Some folks are just resistant to change...

Steam lets me play games no problem when I can't connect to the internet.

Don't try to drag Steam down to the level of BS that Microsoft proposed.
#163Evel138Posted 11/27/2013 4:29:20 AM
I'm going to go all digital with the PS4/XB1.

I have around 200 games from this last gen and was looking at the shelves in which the currently reside the other night. I mean, the only reason I have them (and don't trade/sell) is because you never know when you may want to revisit a game. Just like my collection of books.

However, they're just taking up space 98% of the time, so now that going all digital from the start is an option, its what I plan to do.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Lucky Number
http://fav.me/d6gbf9y
#164GotTruthPosted 11/27/2013 4:39:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#165fuzzdaman(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 4:49:13 AM
Wow, what a storm I created! Can't believe how many comments.
My point being, it's a new console, you are generally going to chop and change games quite often at launch, to test them all out and see what you like and don't like.
Play a little forza, game of fifa, some missions on assassin's creed. So it's a pain to have to continually change discs especially while they are all installed anyways.
GTA 5 has been in my 360 non stop since its launch, much like skyrim was during the months after its launch.

I'm not a "kid....blah blah, this generation", I've been gaming since Commodore 64 and pitfall on the Atari.

My topic was simple, it's a nuisance and annoying, that's all, I wasn't whinging and crying about it. No it's not hard to swap discs, but I'd much rather have them locked away where my 2 year old son can't readily get them.
It's not a laziness issue in the slightest.
---
"Yeah...well...that's just like...your opinion man."
#166Bottler0cketPosted 11/27/2013 5:26:56 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
1) External HDD usage will negate the limited HDD installed on the XB1

2) A majority (I'd estimate 75%) will not go back to an old system and play it. Especially in 10-15 years when there is a new next-gen. So that whole argument about lost data is practically useless.

3) I'm sure the next-gen after this will be BC since the console industry moved to 64-bit architecture.

4) If DRM was in place, I'm pretty sure MS had plans to have digital content priced similarly to how Steam priced their content seeing how most costs associated with disks are licenses and the manufacturing/distribution process. (People will say MS won't do that because they're greedy, blah blah blah).

5) Used game sales are not the lifeblood of the industry. Used games makes money for the business, and not for the developers who need it so they can, well, develop. I am guilty of saying that 80% of my purchases are used games.

1) This is true. Although being able to upgrade the internal HDD would have been nice.

2) You've just made up a percentage to try and present your opinion as fact. Also despite your opinion (lost data argument is useless) it does not negate the fact this is a reality and very possible. (I'm actually also of the opinion it won't be a problem, but I understand peoples concerns.)

3) Hopefully true, however at this very moment no BC is a bummer. I understand that due to technical limitations it was pretty much impossible. Still a bummer tho.

4) What makes you pretty sure MS would have lowered the cost of digital downloads? I look at history and pricing, and so far the online stores provided by both MS and Sony are more expensive than buying a physical copy. There is no history, evidence or reason to believe they would have lowered their pricing.

5) Used games (and goods in general) do provide money for the developers, although not directly. They give the product value. Plain and simple. With out the used market games would not hold as much value and would therefore drop in price.
#167DarkAdonis123Posted 11/27/2013 5:56:34 AM
JusticeSword posted...
This sounds like more of a fat & lazy persons problem.

Seriously, this
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#168daniel79Posted 11/27/2013 6:05:57 AM
JusticeSword posted...
This sounds like more of a fat, lazy and clueless persons problem.

Fixed.
#169jfloydLunarPosted 11/27/2013 6:18:15 AM
I love having discs mainly because of the cases, the art is nice to look at from time to time. Sure I enjoy to buy digital, but mainly on PC, because it's better that way.

But nothing beats having a physical disc to play.

If you really want to be snazzy you can have the discs and digital downloads, I know people like that, it's crazy.

But seriously, my consoles are less than ten feet from me, if I can walk to my fridge and back, I'm pretty sure I can open up my disc drive and put a disc in it.
---
Currently playing The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pokemon Y, and Doctor Who: The Eternity Clock.
#170Fredrick2003xPosted 11/27/2013 6:29:49 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
1) External HDD usage will negate the limited HDD installed on the XB1

2) A majority (I'd estimate 75%) will not go back to an old system and play it. Especially in 10-15 years when there is a new next-gen. So that whole argument about lost data is practically useless.

3) I'm sure the next-gen after this will be BC since the console industry moved to 64-bit architecture.

4) If DRM was in place, I'm pretty sure MS had plans to have digital content priced similarly to how Steam priced their content seeing how most costs associated with disks are licenses and the manufacturing/distribution process. (People will say MS won't do that because they're greedy, blah blah blah).

5) Used game sales are not the lifeblood of the industry. Used games makes money for the business, and not for the developers who need it so they can, well, develop. I am guilty of saying that 80% of my purchases are used games.

Lol is this guy for real?

Good games are forever, regardless of the platform it is on. I regularly enjoy Nintendo 64 and Neo Geo, and I bought a new in box Panasonic 3DO from last year that I am having a blast with.

If we had it your way consoles would be useless when their time is up because of always online, and the lack of game trading would kill any lasting community built around the console.

Why would you feel "guilty" for buying games? So my Neo Geo games don't go to the original developers or whatever, would you rather not be able to buy them at all?

People in this topic have to be corporate shills.
---
Currently Playing: Hatsune Miku Project Diva F (CFM, 2012) - Alan Wake (Remedy, 2010)