I hate having to put discs in to play.

#171ljobenzaPosted 11/27/2013 7:44:56 AM
ShuraYukihime posted...
ljobenza posted...
Seriously, first world problems.

Also second and third world problems.

Haha no us here aren't technology advanced enough to be spoiled by modern conveniences.
#172ShuraYukihimePosted 11/27/2013 1:10:45 PM
liamx2000 posted...
fuzzdaman posted...
So annoying considering they are fully installed.
Might have to stick to digital downloads only.

God forbid you actually get off your butt and move for a few seconds.
afraid of breaking a sweat ?

Way to not read any of the topic and go right to the "hurr durr" response.

Remember kids, tv didn't always have a remote. Consoles couldn't always be turned on from the controller. What you think is "lazy" is the advancement of technology. Don't like it, throw out your smartphone and carry five or more devices that each do one thing.

This is all the worse on a console that touts being able to do multiple things quickly and seamlessly. I'd say changing a piece of physical media is hardly seamless. Imagine if every "app" came on it's own disc.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#173ShuraYukihimePosted 11/27/2013 1:14:38 PM
ljobenza posted...
ShuraYukihime posted...
ljobenza posted...
Seriously, first world problems.

Also second and third world problems.

Haha no us here aren't technology advanced enough to be spoiled by modern conveniences.

You do know what second and third world means right?
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#174Yelnam-26Posted 11/27/2013 3:23:35 PM
cyberkyber posted...
The lazy generation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjR-HVMUTd0
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#175Yelnam-26Posted 11/27/2013 3:26:27 PM
Apex-Player posted...
Cashew posted...
I agree. So what if I'm lazy. Get off your pedestal and stop judging people geez. Changing game discs in the year of our lord and savior 2013?

Blasphemy I say..

No point having discs on xbox anyway, you can't buy an unopened X1 and stash it away for 10yrs too replay your experiences, it will turn on tell you to update, wont be around so, can't play.

Really no point to discs anymore, on the box.

if the game was digital the same thing would happen, actually you wouldn't even be able to get the game.
---
Smoke me a kipper, Ill be back for breakfast.
3DS XL FC: 1005 - 8990 - 2929 Name: Yelnam
#176TheLeafChildPosted 11/27/2013 4:25:15 PM(edited)
thedude008 posted...
i'm surprised we're using disks.
i really thought we'd kind of go backwards to almost a cartridge style; with games on some sort of flash/USB drive, and with the console having a bunch of slots to keep many games in (to confirm ownership, and for ease)
especially since they're just for installation.

maybe that's just layman's thinking and a stupid style though, i don't know how much speed difference there'd be.

We're still playing vinyl records these days. In fact, a lot of people prefer them for their sound reproduction.

I'm of the camp that a disc is preferable due to its low volatility, which is to say, it's a hard copy that will survive the death of Xbox Live and PSN. I'd like to collect my games in a physical form, and admire the art, I don't think that kind of sentiment will ever go away.

Though, despite that, discs do have a lifespan, while blurays are more stable mediums than, say, Laserdisc, they are still subject to age, and wear from use. Flash mediums, such as modern carts are limited in data density and retention, they last significantly long, but are slightly less stable than discs.
---
"Yin and Yang are not good and evil. Their unity is good, their struggle is evil"
#177vashtrichamPosted 11/27/2013 4:25:03 PM
JusticeSword posted...
This sounds like more of a fat & lazy persons problem.

Im getting tired of hearing this, preferring digital and not wanting to change discs constantly does not automatically equal fat and lazy.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#178ShuraYukihimePosted 11/27/2013 4:27:57 PM
vashtricham posted...
JusticeSword posted...

Im getting tired of hearing this, preferring digital and not wanting to change discs constantly does not automatically equal fat and lazy.

It's the comeback of those afraid of a digital future.
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#179vashtrichamPosted 11/27/2013 4:48:30 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
vashtricham posted...
JusticeSword posted...

It's the comeback of those afraid of a digital future.

Makes sense i hear it mostly from people who have game collections or who say but how will i play my games 10-15 years from now and you dont really own digital games, I like to hold games in my hands
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#180Syi_2010Posted 11/27/2013 4:53:13 PM
"It's so hard!!!! I have to push a BUTTON, and then MANUALLY take the disc out and put it in a case man, and then take another disc out of another case and put it in!!"

considering i can tell the damn thing to turn on from the other side of the room without a controller
---
GT - Syi, PS3 Syion, Wii-dont remember