I hate having to put discs in to play.

#31boolzeroPosted 11/26/2013 8:41:50 PM
Newmoon posted...
AzaneAzer posted...
they could just allow installed discs to be played without the disc.

That was the original plan but without a form of DRM its not feasible and we know that the internet thinks that DRM is the devil although it seems like most now actually like the original XB1 idea.

I was one of the few that was actually for the idea. To me it makes sense and was forward thinking, or rather a step in brining console gaming up to speed with everything else including PC. Steam received that same resistance but now they account for close to 80% of PC game sales... Go figure. Some folks are just resistant to change...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#32kuterPosted 11/26/2013 8:49:23 PM
fuzzdaman posted...
So annoying considering they are fully installed.
Might have to stick to digital downloads only.

dunno, having to dl 40+gb for a game...
#33VincentXPosted 11/26/2013 8:55:13 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
It's so hard!!!! I have to push a BUTTON, and then MANUALLY take the disc out and put it in a case man, and then take another disc out of another case and put it in!!

It's like a babies toy!!!

SMH

Hahaha, nice! Bonus points for the Back to the Future 2 reference.
---
Nep-Nep! Neppy! Neptuna! Nepperoni! Neptunia! Neptune!
Doesn't matter how you say her name, Neptune is awesome.
#34Killer_Tofu_89Posted 11/26/2013 9:00:51 PM
Sounds cool Bro but what happens in ten years when you go to show your kid or try to kick back with your buddy and play the good old Gears 4 and suddenly you can not connect to the server or your hard drive took a poop. What worries me is that a whole generation of games will be lost. I mean most atari 2600's will still work. How many first gen xboxs are still in use? Not many most likely. Progress must be made and eventually things will work that everything will be digital and you will have no worries of losing that data but we are in the in between stage and that means your memories will remain but your proof of those events wont last.
#35Master_BassPosted 11/26/2013 9:24:05 PM
I understand this mentality for the 3DS/Vita since it can be a pain to lug around games with you, but not for consoles. It really is as simple as just walking a few feet and pressing a button.
---
Many Bothans died to bring you this post.
#36Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/26/2013 9:25:08 PM
Sorta defeats the purpose of voice commands and stuff.
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#37KomradKielbasaPosted 11/26/2013 9:26:37 PM
fuzzdaman posted...
So annoying considering they are fully installed.
Might have to stick to digital downloads only.

Lazy and fat people problem.
---
Eat....the MEAT....Of JUSTICE
#38TeraPatrick2008Posted 11/26/2013 9:27:59 PM
start a riot
#39Fou LuPosted 11/26/2013 9:37:02 PM
Cowboy082288 posted...
I'm going all digital this gen, hell I been doing that for years on my PC anyways.

The difference is, digital PC games are priced correctly. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo fail hard at pricing digital content, but lazy people like you keep giving them money to justify it.
---
I smolder with generic rage.
#40Mr_Fury32Posted 11/26/2013 9:43:00 PM
several things that have pissed me off:

1) the whole "you people are holding back progress" excuse fat-assedness. pathetic, how is this progress? most people focus on one game at a time anyway, so you'll likely only change discs when a new game gets released anyway.

2) Digital Download only. Are you people completely insane? after what they TRIED to pull and get caught out with before (no pre-owned, no lending) you HONESTLY trust them with fair pricing and NO competition for sales and bargins? if this ever happens, it will be the death of a generation or even a company consumed by greed. Nintendo are already on the way there, Zelda a link between worlds: Retail price in the U.K. is 32.99 the E-store price? 39.99!! Pokemon X and Y are the same! why would ANYONE trust this!

3) the whole camera and voice commands thing, this is NOT innovitive and its not worth the extra (or $$$) i dont CARE how much money MS or Sony invested in it, its a GIMMICK and its lazy too and voice commands have been around on the PC for YEARS, but they dont play a mjor role in anything because like all voice recognition devices, they have total disobiadiance for the user, doing somethin else.

a few things that WOULD be good and still COULD be used but they wont bother with them:

DRM, now this is a touchy subject, but i agree with its princibles, it would allow for moderation, making cheating much harder, not impossible mind you, but would certainly lead to fairer matches. they could still impliment this feature, but it would be tough, basically if it were me id say "if your an Xbox LIVE GOLD member you MUST be online"

the familly sharing idea, this sort of cancels out one problem people had, but where too dumb to read up on. why this got removed is beyond me it was step in the right direction...
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT