Any truth to the rumor of the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 5:1 ?

#1BingSanpaoPosted 11/27/2013 1:36:29 AM
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=173147

I picked this link up from a very reliable source (the comment section on Kotaku). It seems like a massive difference in demand, I'm not quite sure if there's any truth to this, how could the Xbox brand go from being number one to being outsold at a rate of PS: 4 Xbox :1?
#2dnmtPosted 11/27/2013 1:38:46 AM
Probably not 5:1 but I can see 3:1 happening quite easily.
#3snakes_codecPosted 11/27/2013 1:42:28 AM
Im not conviced its certainly out selling XB1 in NA but not by that ratio I wouldnt be surprised If
It out sold XB1 by that ratio in Europe and Asia tho as there established Sony markets.
#41nternationa7Posted 11/27/2013 1:49:54 AM
i was hoping for the magical 4:1 :(
---
SV 3340 Pokemon Y Friend Code: 5172-1018-8947
#5Styrof0amPosted 11/27/2013 1:50:28 AM
I think it's closer to 1:1

Yes, we have reports of Xbox ones still being in stock in places like NYC, and with those few thousand units, bit overall i believe it's a very close race.

The thing is both companies only have had a limited time to get consoles assembled, and since both announced sales around the 1 million mark, it's safe to assume, that's the amount of consoles produced by each company in time for launch.

If both companies had consoles to fullfill every pre-order and stock up every console-selling store in the world, then we'd know, which console was the best seller.

The interesting numbers right now, would be how many have an unfullfilled pre-order, and are waiting for the next batches of consoles?
Of course pre-orders are not the same as sales, but they do indicate interest.
#6tzuydPosted 11/27/2013 1:52:03 AM
Styrof0am posted...

*sigh* There's one in every thread.
---
"Instead of engaging the trolls and playing their game, mark them and move on. Engaging the trolls only gets you into trouble."
#7Styrof0amPosted 11/27/2013 1:54:55 AM
tzuyd posted...
Styrof0am posted...

One what?

Did you even read my rationale for thinkg it's 1:1?

It boils down to; you can't sell what you don't have in stock
#8MrSpaM111Posted 11/27/2013 2:01:30 AM(edited)
Styrof0am posted...
tzuyd posted...
Styrof0am posted...

One what?

Your rational think of it being 1:1 is flawed. They have currently sold the same amount of units roughly, and the PS4 still has to release in 31 regions, whereas the XBO has already released in it's primary regions and has only just hit the sales figures sony has hit for releasing in north America alone. I don't expect it to be 5:1, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being at least 3:1 in Sony's favor after Christmas.

Just look at it this way, the XBO sold a million units in it's first week worldwide, pretty good going. But when you consider the PS4 is probably going to sell that many units in Japan alone in it's first week, you start to realise how big the gap possibly is.

This isn't even fanboy talk, it's just using common sense.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#9Amplifier316Posted 11/27/2013 1:59:54 AM(edited)
snakes_codec posted...
Im not conviced its certainly out selling XB1 in NA but not by that ratio I wouldnt be surprised If
It out sold XB1 by that ratio in Europe and Asia tho as there established Sony markets.

Xbone sold a million units WORLD WIDE. PS4 sold million units in the US ALONE. I think those numbers are very realistic. Especially when PS4 is out in those other markets. There will be no denying then.
---
#10Styrof0amPosted 11/27/2013 2:01:46 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
Styrof0am posted...
tzuyd posted...
Styrof0am posted...

One what?

Your rational think of it being 1:1 is flawed. They have currently sold the same amount of units roughly, and the PS4 still has to release in 31 regions, whereas the XBO has already released in it's primary regions and has only just hit the sales figures sony has hit for releasing in north America alone. I don't expect it to be 5:1, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being at least 3:1 in Sony's favor after Christmas.

Exactly, they have currently sold the same amount of units, currently being the keyword here.
I have no doubt, that in 6-9 months time, when all initial demands for consoles have been met, the PS4 will be leading comfortably. I have no idea by how much, but I'm sure they willę be in the lead.