I am appalled at this board's attitude towards the Xbox One

#21kakarot-uchihaPosted 11/27/2013 1:58:44 PM
i'm a loud critic of potential kinect abuse, every time i've said i didnt think its the plan and theres certain stuff ms doesn't want, can you imagine the lawsuit. and i've also said many times how cool the tech is. this means i'm highly critical and respect that, yet still want a xbox. i see deserved criticism couched in a soon to purchase more than i see the outright vitriol. i think it keeps coming up because, one, people feel the need to defend and refute criticism.
most of its subjective and will never be refuted thus circular arguments. there are some objective points that are just plain fact that continue to come up due to denial and ignorance. if someone explains the facts in plain words BUT it proves a point thats been used to criticise ms or xbox, it apparently is not believed or googled or even binged. someone can explain it again, but you see the problem.

you said kinect doesn't monitor you when you sleep. and infer that those who think so are wrong and anything else going with it. so lets try this...is it unplugged? then no. is it on? then of course it is. did you feel a twinge of angst and urge to defend it? thats the filter of confirmation bias. see one side has opinion and percieved debunking, and one side has UNbiased facts with observable/repeatable evidence. audio data is an interface for the os using kinect. its 'listening' for every word literally every second it's on or on standby. it's the totality of how voice control, 'xbox on' works.

the problem with doublethink is that if say "kinect monitors you every second", you might want to disagree with me because of a percieved inference with that statement, even though its irrefutable, i made no judgements, and if i walk you through it, you would actually agree with it.

further problem is that you write a thoughtful post but i'm supposed to take it seriously when based on your words you don't have your facts straight, yet use an acknowledged surveillance web to debunk kinect surveilling. we will just end up in circular arguments but with perspective i know you actually know how a mic works irl and we both think absurdist console hate is useless and unfounded and we both actually want the xbox to do well. its a problem.
#22NeoMonkPosted 11/27/2013 1:59:43 PM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
gooney goons

Stopped reading here... I must watch Goonies now! Thanks OP...

hah same here
---
"The Xbox One board isn't the place for personal anecdotes, joke topics or fanboy affair." Gamefaqs Moderator
#23SythisTaruPosted 11/27/2013 2:02:48 PM
adonfraz posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
adonfraz posted...
I'm an Xbox fan but there's a vast list of reasons people hate the X1/favor the PS4.

Initial DRM policies
Always on-line
"Forced" Kinect
$100 more than PS4
Weaker than the PS4 (720p/1080p)
Fear of Kinect spying/NSA
AA batteries in controller
XBL Gold paywall
Lack of first party studios
Japan hates it
Marketing geared towards non-hardcore gamers/sports fans

True... I mean they don't have to be good or even valid reasons to qualify...

Pretty much, I just listed every compliant I remembered.

Oh...and Indie titles. The X1 is terrible because Sony loves Indies moar.

What? Xbox One has FAR better Indie support. It is a devkit.
#24red_suitPosted 11/27/2013 4:47:46 PM
This OP has been posted on 4 different threads on something awful. Be more original OP
---
"so I googled what a phallic was cuz I didn't know
I hate you"
-mmoments
#25RingsOfUranusPosted 11/27/2013 4:49:27 PM
dnmt posted...

You all seem to be touching the poop.

Lost it right here. 10/10 thread. Would read again.
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board
"I'm excited to see what don't has for the ps4" -HomieKnockout
#26aray48Posted 11/27/2013 4:50:25 PM
Wow, you took a lot of time to write a huge argument against a bunch of strangers who, if they hate the Xbox One, will not change their mind by reading this. I am so sorry for your lost time :(
#27RingsOfUranusPosted 11/27/2013 4:55:37 PM
Enclave posted...
TheRealPhattyJ posted...
Enclave posted...
dnmt, FYI? The 360 wasn't the top console last gen. That honour goes to the Wii.

The PS3 and 360 globally basically are neck and neck with the PS3 in the last couple years pulling SLIGHTLY ahead (though not enough ahead to really declare they beat the 360, it's just too close, may as well be a tie).

everything I see out there has the PS3 at 85 million and the 360 around 78 million (which includes all the multiple systems people had to buy). 8 million is not neck and neck. Granted, the Wii somehow lapped them both ; )

It's close enough that it doesn't influence 3rd party devs from making exclusives on one system over the other. Well, other than Japanese devs making PS3 exclusives, but they did that regardless since the 360 did terribly over there.

Point is, there's really little point in trying to claim the PS3 or 360 beat the other. It's an effective stalemate.

Why do you care about how each console did financially? Which console wins the war translates into which userbase wins, in which case, the PS3 ended up coming out far and away ahead of the 360 userbase. And I don't even own a PS3, though I have 2 360s. But my 360 has been lacking a new exclusive IP for...uh...what, like, half a decade now? What even was the last non-timed exclusive AAA title on the 360 that was either third-party or a new IP? I couldn't even tell you. Mass Effect? No, lost that. Bioshock? No, lost that. Tales of Vesperia? No, lost that. Lost the entire series as a matter of fact.

Meanwhile; the PS3 is still getting new IPs (Last of Us, Beyond Two Souls, etc), has once again secured the Tales series, and is continuing to support the PS3 with more exclusives, even into the life of the PS4. Yeah, I lost last gen. I bought the 360 in its prime when it did have the (timed) exclusives. And then never got any more.
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board
"I'm excited to see what don't has for the ps4" -HomieKnockout
#28touyamizrahiPosted 11/27/2013 4:59:37 PM
EvilScythe posted...
adonfraz posted...
I'm an Xbox fan but there's a vast list of reasons people hate the X1/favor the PS4.

Initial DRM policies
Always on-line
"Forced" Kinect
$100 more than PS4
XBL Gold paywall
Japan hates it

I understand that's how some people feel. But all these reasons to dislike them are really stupid. A few of them were completely reversed. Im not saying these are your feelings, just the general consensus.

Iniial DRM policy - GONE
Always online - GONE
"Forced Kinect" - GONE
$!00 more than PS4 - justified by all the functionality ( KInect 2.0 is pretty awesome actually )
weaker than the PS4 - Ill give them that, but the 360 was weaker than the PS3 also.
Fear of Kinect spying - Paranoid people and trolls most likely.
AA batteries in controller - To me is a GOOD thing. AA's are easy to replace, controller is not.
XBL Gold paywall - Ill give that one too, but honestly how many people with a Xbox and internet dont use Gold anyway?
Lack of first party studios - remains to be seen, but if the rumors are true that shouldn't be a problem.
Japan hates it - True . but aside from the 3DS they seem to be hating everything lately.
Marketing - True at the beginnning with the football promotions and such, but they unlike the competition have actually released games, at least at launch.

Once again, not directed at you poster. Just the fact that this point keeps coming up like its a justifiable grudge toward MS. Its really not.

So EvilScythe, I'm curious. I'm going to give you a hypothetical situation and I would like an honest answer from you if that's possible.

Scenario: Your company that you work for has decided to tell you that in a few months time, you'll be losing all your benefits, cutting down your hours and lowering your pay. It's not up for debate, this is just how it's going to be, end of discussion as far as the company is concerned. Over the next few months, you and your fellow employees have expressed your desires to end up leaving the company when these changes come into effect because you find these forced changes to be complete and utter s***. And then a little while later, before these changes are to take place, the company turns around and says "well, after considering our employees situations we don't think these changes are in our companies best interest so we're going to cancel the changes after all."

In this situation, would you still feel strong loyalty to your company as if nothing had ever happened? Being the fact that you know they only reversed their minds because they would've lost a majority of employees. This is what I'd like an honest answer to.

The principle is the exact same with MS. They tried to force a lot of things their loyal consumers did NOT want and didn't want to debate it. Then they decided to change their mind after all the backlash, but people no longer feel loyalty to the Ms brand because they did this. Yes there are people who agree with the quoted list of complaints with the XBOne, but honestly, I think it has more to do with loyalty being lost instantly by one colossal mistake and MS basically saying "oops, our bad" isn't going to repair it anytime soon.
---
Thinking about what to put here. Open to ideas :).
PS4 vs XBOne my joy since E3 <3
#29mizukage2Posted 11/27/2013 5:55:31 PM
nickr2d2 posted...
adonfraz posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
adonfraz posted...

Initial DRM policies
Always on-line
"Forced" Kinect
$100 more than PS4
XBL Gold paywall
Japan hates it

True... I mean they don't have to be good or even valid reasons to qualify...

Pretty much, I just listed every compliant I remembered.

Oh...and Indie titles. The X1 is terrible because Sony loves Indies moar.

The MS and SONY indie policy are the exact same. So...

And, also,, nobody is forcing you to buy Kinect. You have the ultimate choice, in the end.

Er, yes they do? The only way to get an Xbone without purchasing Kinect is to buy one used and convince the owner to give you a deal that doesn't involve purchasing the Kinect that came boxed in.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#30TBONE_OGPosted 11/27/2013 6:02:57 PM
touyamizrahi posted...
So EvilScythe, I'm curious. I'm going to give you a hypothetical situation and I would like an honest answer from you if that's possible.

Scenario: Your company that you work for has decided to tell you that in a few months time, you'll be losing all your benefits, cutting down your hours and lowering your pay. It's not up for debate, this is just how it's going to be, end of discussion as far as the company is concerned. Over the next few months, you and your fellow employees have expressed your desires to end up leaving the company when these changes come into effect because you find these forced changes to be complete and utter s***. And then a little while later, before these changes are to take place, the company turns around and says "well, after considering our employees situations we don't think these changes are in our companies best interest so we're going to cancel the changes after all."

In this situation, would you still feel strong loyalty to your company as if nothing had ever happened? Being the fact that you know they only reversed their minds because they would've lost a majority of employees. This is what I'd like an honest answer to.

The principle is the exact same with MS. They tried to force a lot of things their loyal consumers did NOT want and didn't want to debate it. Then they decided to change their mind after all the backlash, but people no longer feel loyalty to the Ms brand because they did this. Yes there are people who agree with the quoted list of complaints with the XBOne, but honestly, I think it has more to do with loyalty being lost instantly by one colossal mistake and MS basically saying "oops, our bad" isn't going to repair it anytime soon.

So in this post: Being a fan of Xbox is the same as having a job, working for an employer.

/facepalm. Please cut your Ethernet cord.
---
Always O.G.