6 days in and the headset breaks

#1sweetbloodsPosted 11/27/2013 4:19:19 PM
First all I'm loving the Xbox One. Love Dead Rising 3 and Killer Instinct. However, I am not loving this headset. Besides the fact that the volume is really low and it is uncomfortable, the damn thing broke. I have no idea what broke it. I was in a middle of a game, talking to my boyfriend and then suddenly no sound. At first I though the stupid party thing turned off again but it wasn't. I tired turning on and off my console and nothing. I tried it with skype and nothing. I don't know what else to do except go and buy another headset. Currently skype and the xbox are the only ways I can talk to my bf (cheaply). Do you think Ms would replace a headset that breaks within the first week?
---
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs
#2PraetorXynPosted 11/27/2013 4:37:17 PM
This is why I left my 360 headset in the box when I got it. I could tell it was a piece of garbage just by looking at it.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#3sweetbloods(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 4:38:03 PM
I would of bought a better headset but I believe they are not for sale yet.
---
#4bias2000Posted 11/27/2013 4:41:55 PM
Doesn't the kinect have a mic in it.
---
Gamertag:OptimushedPrune
People say I'm indecisive........but me I'm not so sure
#5TreGoodaPosted 11/27/2013 4:43:07 PM
sweetbloods posted...
I would of bought a better headset but I believe they are not for sale yet.

It sucks, do you have a pair of turtle beaches that use optical by any chance? If so, you can hook those up, splice the wires from your broken headset into the wire that's used for chat on your turtle beaches and use it that way. Only other option I know of besides Kinect at this point.

It's really stupid they didn't allow us to reuse our old headsets and not offer comparable options at launch.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#6rubberGasketPosted 11/27/2013 4:44:07 PM
I believe all accessories have a 90 manufacture warranty.
---
If I don't reply to your post it's because I have you on my ignore list.
#7sweetbloods(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 4:44:09 PM
Yes it does but I have other people in the house who don't want to hear me yelling at it during the middle of the night. Plus with Dead Rising 3, there is a feature where if the kinect picks up voices, it attracts zombies, if you have the headset this isn't a problem.
---
#8ShuraYukihimePosted 11/27/2013 4:47:03 PM
sweetbloods posted...
Yes it does but I have other people in the house who don't want to hear me yelling at it during the middle of the night. Plus with Dead Rising 3, there is a feature where if the kinect picks up voices, it attracts zombies, if you have the headset this isn't a problem.

"Xbox stop listening"
Might be
"Kinect stop listening"
---
Pulvis et umbra sumus.
#9sweetbloods(Topic Creator)Posted 11/27/2013 4:49:38 PM
ShuraYukihime posted...
sweetbloods posted...

"Xbox stop listening"
Might be
"Kinect stop listening"

I have tried both. I also looked in the games settings. They finally called me back but hung up on me. Now I am on hold again...waiting...listening to bad music that almost blew out my ear drum.
---